• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Fabio Jakobsen thread

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I didn't know the finish today was with this ramp in the last 100 meters. I think in that case he wasted a good chance yesterday, because i think had Philipsen not crashed, he would have beaten him with that ramp at the end. By which i mean maybe he was faster than Philipsen yesterday, but he wasn't positioned ideally. Today i think he would have lost. Not that it's important for him, he's got his win and he seems to be getting in shape in time.
And kept his streak going of winning on the second stage.

I didn't know the finish today was with this ramp in the last 100 meters. I think in that case he wasted a good chance yesterday, because i think had Philipsen not crashed, he would have beaten him with that ramp at the end. By which i mean maybe he was faster than Philipsen yesterday, but he wasn't positioned ideally. Today i think he would have lost. Not that it's important for him, he's got his win and he seems to be getting in shape in time.

Jakobsen was faster in stage one but there was little he could when MVP leads out to 100 metres to go - You only have six seconds to get off the wheel of Philipsen.

Reactions: Sandisfan
From Steels or Pati Laflaves:

"Fabio looked ahead to see if he could move up on his own and just then Mathieu van der Poel came with Jasper Philipsen on the right. He [Van der Poel] touched his front wheel against Fabio's rear wheel."

Usually when that happens the rider who gets their front wheel hit goes down. I don't care enough to go back through the replays, but I don't think that's what I saw.

I hope that he sleeps a little and survives tomorrow!

From Steels or Pati Laflaves:

"Fabio looked ahead to see if he could move up on his own and just then Mathieu van der Poel came with Jasper Philipsen on the right. He [Van der Poel] touched his front wheel against Fabio's rear wheel."

Usually when that happens the rider who gets their front wheel hit goes down. I don't care enough to go back through the replays, but I don't think that's what I saw.

I hope that he sleeps a little and survives tomorrow!
Van Poppel claims it was Philipsen. Haven't heard Jakobsen's own story yet.