• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Fan resources

Hello there. I'm new to cyclocross fandom, having just started watching with this season's World Cup races via my NBC Gold subscription and other races via my FloBikes subscription. I've really caught the bug, though, it's a very exiting sport to watch on television.

My question is this. Are there any resources that cover cyclocross with a similar depth and timeliness with which Cyclingnews covers road cycling? I'm talking about going beyond race results to narrative reports on races, rider profiles, news on teams and series, etc. I guess basically what I'm looking for are resources that mimic Cyclingnews and Pro Cycling Stats, but for 'cross. This could be a website, an email newsletter, podcasts, etc.

Given that my own searches have yielded minimal results, I suspect that I'm going to be told that the best thing on offer is a roll your own/catch as catch can stitch up of what's available at the road-focused sites, maybe a podcast or two, and following twitter feeds. But I hope not!

Cheers,

Christopher
Kentucky, USA

Hello there. I'm new to cyclocross fandom, having just started watching with this season's World Cup races via my NBC Gold subscription and other races via my FloBikes subscription. I've really caught the bug, though, it's a very exiting sport to watch on television.

My question is this. Are there any resources that cover cyclocross with a similar depth and timeliness with which Cyclingnews covers road cycling? I'm talking about going beyond race results to narrative reports on races, rider profiles, news on teams and series, etc. I guess basically what I'm looking for are resources that mimic Cyclingnews and Pro Cycling Stats, but for 'cross. This could be a website, an email newsletter, podcasts, etc.

Given that my own searches have yielded minimal results, I suspect that I'm going to be told that the best thing on offer is a roll your own/catch as catch can stitch up of what's available at the road-focused sites, maybe a podcast or two, and following twitter feeds. But I hope not!

Cheers,

Christopher
Kentucky, USA
Veldritkrant is the only dedicated european website for european cyclocross news etc. However, the CX Magazine does cover the american races and the big cx series in BeNe. The other best places for cyclocross I would say are any of the belgian/dutch cycling or sports websites. Sporza, Wielerflits spring to mind. Otherwise for something like Procyclingstats, I would say Cyclocross24 are the closest.
If instagram is your thing, then I'd also suggest following @Cyclocrosss (the 3 esses at the end isnt a mistake) as they cover alot of cx news and the like.

Reactions: christopherrowe
Veldritkrant is the only dedicated european website for european cyclocross news etc. However, the CX Magazine does cover the american races and the big cx series in BeNe. The other best places for cyclocross I would say are any of the belgian/dutch cycling or sports websites. Sporza, Wielerflits spring to mind. Otherwise for something like Procyclingstats, I would say Cyclocross24 are the closest.
If instagram is your thing, then I'd also suggest following @Cyclocrosss (the 3 esses at the end isnt a mistake) as they cover alot of cx news and the like.

Thanks so much, Lemon!

GCN has also started streaming some races. They also have some CX dedicated youtube episodes (challenges etc).
Best bet would indeed be, like Lemon said, to check Sporza and Wielerflits websites, and keep Google Translate in a seperate tab in your browser. Personally i didn't know veldritkrant.be, but it doesn't seem to be affiliated in any way with wielerkrant and voetbalbrant, which can only be a good thing (NOT being affiliated i mean).

This website can also be handy, for start times, upcoming races, where to watch etc.: http://www.cyclingfans.com/cyclocross/live
This is Sporza's dedicated CX page: https://sporza.be/nl/categorie/wielrennen/veldrijden/

Added bonus for google translating stuff, are the Dutch names that will feature headlines like: "Sausage beats Fire". Or "Fox faster than Bakerman".

Last edited:
GCN has also started streaming some races. They also have some CX dedicated youtube episodes (challenges etc).
Best bet would indeed be, like Lemon said, to check Sporza and Wielerflits websites, and keep Google Translate in a seperate tab in your browser. Personally i didn't know veldritkrant.be, but it doesn't seem to be affiliated in any way with wielerkrant and voetbalbrant, which can only be a good thing (NOT being affiliated i mean).

This website can also be handy, for start times, upcoming races, where to watch etc.: http://www.cyclingfans.com/cyclocross/live
This is Sporza's dedicated CX page: https://sporza.be/nl/categorie/wielrennen/veldrijden/

Added bonus for google translating stuff, are the Dutch names that will feature headlines like: "Sausage beats Fire". Or "Fox faster than Bakerman".

Thanks so much, Logic.

TRENDING THREADS