• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Question Fat lazy dude trying to turn my life around.

Dec 19, 2019
Visit site
This year I have let myself go beyond what I ever thought possible. Separated from my wife, sold my house, live in a furnished apartment and began eating to fill my boring hours after work. Problem is, I am now at the heaviest I have ever been. I hate it and I need to get back in the game.
I used to be a fitness freak and was always the fit healthy guy until I ruined my back, knees and shoulder in the military back in 2005 and I went down a depressed filled *** storm of a life style. Beer and food took over as depression just ate me to death. I have started walking, but being in South Dakota right now, it is dangerously cold at times and obviously very slipery and I have a ton of hills around my area. Walking is only going to get me so far. So I have changed my diet and am ready to find a bike to get my fatass back into decent shape.
tweakbox appvalley https://vlc.onl/

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2020
www.orbrider.com
I live in the Midwest and can't ride my bike on roads during the winter. I bought a road bike and smart trainer so I could ride my bike indoors. If money is tight, you can buy a fluid trainer (which puts resistance on your wheel) and a speed sensor to get the cost down. There are a several programs that you can use to ride indoors including games, training programs, social interaction and also just pure metrics based programs, if you like staring at charts while you ride.

I'm assuming you own a bike already so take a look into one of the trainer options so you can get riding indoors. Getting back into it will feel like riding a bike again.

Last edited: