• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Favorite Trainer songs

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
...anyone else want to start a music exchange program?

PS just got sent a bunch of stuff from a friend, including the Holy F#ck, which is pretty trainer-iffic.

May 14, 2009
Visit site
Best Roller Training Songs

I figured it may be time to get past gossip and insults. This is a real area to share. I will begin with my pick.Led Zeppelin. Misty Mnt Hop

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
I just groove now to stereo mc's and DJ Shadow or ballistic brothers on the rollers. maybe a good reggae mix. just a little back beat and a spin to get the legs to work chill.

last time I put in metal and slayer i got a little agro and out of the saddle on the rollers and went down like Voigt in le tour 09. muafuka

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Here is my playlist from tonight

Music sounds better- stardust
Your woman- white town, sunquest remix
da funk- daft punk
contact- deadmau5/glenn morrison
aerodynamic/one more time- daft punk
portobello- gabriel and dresden
sandstorm- darude (most overplayed trance song ever, but it gets me going on the trainer)
Halcyon + on + on- Orbital- great long cool down song

A

Anonymous

Classical...

Im going to invent an on bike mp3 player that automatically adjusts to the terrain. So on climbs it plays nice slow music, keeping you at a sensible tempo, and then when you hit a downhill it comes out with something a little more chaotic.. :D

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
Classical...

Im going to invent an on bike mp3 player that automatically adjusts to the terrain. So on climbs it plays nice slow music, keeping you at a sensible tempo, and then when you hit a downhill it comes out with something a little more chaotic.. :D

Let me know when that's ready, Dim, as you will have my pre-order. In fact, allow me to collaborate with you to create a device that does everything the Garmin 705 does (with Power) plus the MP3 player you spoke of paired with wireless headphones. Now we are jammin'!

dimspace said:
Classical...

I'd buy one of those.

Since you're into classical too, for music may I suggest Beethoven's 6th (for the nature theme)? I also listen to Italian baroque composers while riding. The violin concertos of Vivaldi, Albinoni, Corelli etc are always a pleasure to listen to. Haydn is one of my favourites as well, always pleasant music.

May 9, 2009
Visit site
Trainer?!?

I was advised by my psychiatrist to stay off my trainer lest I blow my brains out.

I now train on my couch, listening to all my fav tunes through real speakers. I do 2-minute cheezie intervals: 2 minutes of shoveling, 1 minute of breathing, repeat. Pink Floyd's 'Comfortably Numb' works well.

:)