• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Favourite bike tool gadget

When I recently got a Specialized Roubaix as normal a new bike equals new tools. However, this time instead of yet another annoying splined spanner or socket with a ever so slightly different pattern to the half dozen I already have, I needed a torque wrench.

Although carbon fibre isn't as delicate as some folks make out, over tightening stems and seatposts can lead to dangerous/expensive problems so I got a Ritchey Torque Key. It's a loverly little thing, fits in the hand nicely.

May 3, 2009
www.glorycycles.com
I love having a derailleur hanger alignment tool readily available to use on my bikes. Allows for perfect rear derailleur adjustment cause you never know when you have bumped it or of it came misaligned from the factory.