• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Feet falling asleep

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
After about 15 miles of riding, my feet start to fall asleep. I've gotten a complete bike fitting, changed shoes, pedals, adjusted seat(all ways), new stem and adjusted bars. I am currently riding a Schwinn Peleton, my shoes are Shimano SH-R132L, on Speed Play pedals.
Does anyone have same problem and has anybody have any ideas.
I love riding but on long rides, feet falling asleep sucks

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
I use to have hot spots, tinglng, asleep feeling. I put up with this for years. Even changing pedals, cleat positioning, etc, I still had problems. I was turned on to SuperFeet by my girlfriend a while back. Problem solved. I use them in both road and mtb shoes. You may try some and see how they work for you. I think they have a comfort guarantee too. Good luck!

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
what are you like off the bike? i get a numb right foot when riding because i suffer from tight siadic (bad spelling). regular stretching and massaging really helps.

if you're fine off the bike then you on the bike / riding is the issue.

what is your pedalling style like? do you mash the pedals? if so your foot might be sliding forward into the toe box causing compression and numbness.

go for a ride at a higher cadence and focus on pushing your heal down. does this help?

if that doesn't work
have you changed size of shoes, sock thickness? is your bike the right size?

make one change at a time then go for a couple of rides to give your body time to adjust.