• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ferarri: Armstrong Could've Reached The Same Level W/O Doping

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
spalco said:
How exactly does Ferrari suggest putting in a couple weeks altitude training on the rest day of the Tour de France?

Ferrari invented a time machine! That's the real cover-up here. How did everyone miss that! /s

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
spalco said:
How exactly does Ferrari suggest putting in a couple weeks altitude training on the rest day of the Tour de France?

Exactly!! Shame that most will not spot this huge flaw in Ferrari's little PR post for LA

Roninho said:
This has nothing to do with Ferrair being (or not being) delusional. It's about denying his involvement and/or downplaying the perceived effect of his involvement. If there is one guy who knows the impact of this kind of dope it is ferrari...

It has EVERYTHING to do with Ferarri being somewhat delusional/crazy/insane to think that Wonderboy could win a tour w/o doping since......(wait for it)......Wonderboy didn't/couldn't win a tour w/o doping, so he(Ferarri) is factually incorrect(and DELUSIONAL) to think otherwise. If you have any info to back up Ferarris claim, please post it here.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
86TDFWinner said:
And you know this how? LeMond/Hinault won tours and I've yet to see any proof either doped to win........please explain.......

Sorry but these guys rode in the era of 250 km stages, lesser team tactics building, lesser progressive cycling equipment and with lots of early attacks. I can not believe it was possible to race clean back then.

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
86TDFWinner said:
And you know this how? LeMond/Hinault won tours and I've yet to see any proof either doped to win........please explain.......

Blood doping and others have been around in endurance sports since the 70s. People need to stop with this "cycling was clean before 1988-89" thing. Nobody has any proof but that's no reason to be naive.

airstream said:
Sorry but these guys rode in the era of 250 km stages, lesser team tactics building, lesser progressive cycling equipment and with lots of early attacks. I can not believe it was possible to race clean back then.

You dont have to believe it, but it's been PROVEN many times(including in this thread) that not "everyone doped". AGAIN, please post any proof claiming otherwise, can we see it?

LeMond/Hampsten/Bauer/Phinney didnt dope, thats a fact and has been posted numerous times here.

indenial said:
Blood doping and others have been around in endurance sports since the 70s. People need to stop with this "cycling was clean before 1988-89" thing. Nobody has any proof but that's no reason to be naive.

No one said anything about it not being around then, we HAVE been saying however, that not "EVERYONE doped", which is factually incorrect as it's been posted about a gazillion times that guys like LeMond/Hampsten/Phinney/Bauer/some of the Spaniards/Columbians have never doped. If you have proof showing otherwise(about the 4 I just mentioned), please post it.

Merckx has been outed as a doper, as has Coppi....but notice how no one mentions their names ever, wonder why that is.

86TDFWinner said:
You dont have to believe it, but it's been PROVEN many times(including in this thread) that not "everyone doped". AGAIN, please post any proof claiming otherwise, can we see it?

LeMond/Hampsten/Bauer/Phinney didnt dope, thats a fact and has been posted numerous times here.

No it isn't. I don't think there is any evidence that clearly proves that they did dope, however that doesn't mean that it's a fact they didn't dope.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Roninho said:
No it isn't. I don't think there is any evidence that clearly proves that they did dope, however that doesn't mean that it's a fact they didn't dope.

As for Hampsten and Bauer, no, but LeMond has been so vocal codemning dopers that if he did dope that someoen would've dropped the bomb on him. Been plenty of opportunity to do it to the guy, but no one has so I think we can assume he was a true natural talent.

LeMonds power outputs are the measurement of clean cycling. Why is that?

airstream said:
Sorry but these guys rode in the era of 250 km stages, lesser team tactics building, lesser progressive cycling equipment and with lots of early attacks.

I've heard this excuse before... Oh yeah! When Wonderboy was winning the TdF. Now it's all coming back to me.

Lesser team tactics? Lesser????? Really?
Lesser progressive cycling equipment???? Wonderboy defenders loooooved this one.
Lots of early attacks???? Breaking news, those early attacks are what set up the long breakaways seen then and today. Even if you go back a long while ago to an era when the peloton had a patron that dictated pace until the last 30-50KM, there were still the early attacks and long-shot breakaways. It's unfortunate they don't televise the first hour and then take a break because there's tons of untelevised action before the long-shot breakaway is established.

Finally, another pathetic attempt to combine EPO Grand Tour wins with pre-EPO wins does not pass. See Edwig Van Hooydonck's story. That's what happens when pure talent meets oxygen vector doping.

TRENDING THREADS