• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ferrari still in business

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Gavandope said:
Boom. How I would love some hackers to dump that email archive onto pastebin I would have that down in a flash and be reading that for months!

Probably something like this

>>> Hi
>>>
>>> My name is Victor Hugo Peña
>>>
>>> I has been pro for 10 years . I had the possibilty to work with
>>> Dr ferrari for some months when I was in U S Postal. That was
>>> amazing time . but for some reason he had to choose some guys
>>> and I was out from the selection.
>>>
>>> The situation know in the european cycling make me take another
>>> options and I will be for the next two years racing in america
>>> but i would like after that try again for one or two more years
>>> in europe..
>>>
>>> can I have your help for try to win california or georgia?
>>>
>>> I will wait your answer..
>>>
>>> Victor Hugo

At 2007 prices a season of "training guidance" was 5 000 EUR

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
I was wondering about this - how people get in touch with him, get their programs, etc.

Wonder how many people will now slink away from the road scene, retire, go back to the track, etc, etc, in an attempt to hide from the truth...

This will be like Puerto and noone's name will be released, the case will drag on for years, yadda yadda.

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
I was wondering about this - how people get in touch with him, get their programs, etc.
I think you might be too old, even compared to Horner, to make your bid for a place in the pro peloton. Or is this for the people you train? Not really the route to go I suggest.

Dear Wiggo said:
Wonder how many people will now slink away from the road scene, retire, go back to the track, etc, etc, in an attempt to hide from the truth...
You think Bobridge is doping? Perhaps you should write another letter?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:

This will be like Puerto and noone's name will be released, the case will drag on for years, yadda yadda.
maybe take on Roubaix Dear Wiggo?

who is going back to the track? Mcgee? Bobridge? Hepburn? Howard?

which wut?

seems legit

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Walkman said:
You think?

Will this not be just another episode of what we see so often? Some headlines and then nothing more, á la clinic waste story of Astana 2009.

The powers that be in sport are more interested in cover up than exposing the cheats.

With so few papers willing to spend on long term journalistic endeavour it is easy for this stuff to blow over.

That said Fuentes sucked in a few big fish...

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Berzin said:
I do not understand how they cannot stop this guy. He is the Salvatore Lo Piccolo of the cycling world.

It's a bit like 100 weekend warriors trying to take down Nibali on a climb. He's just flat out more intelligent than they are AND he doesn't have to play by the same rules. If they want to take him down they'd have to pay him to be on their side. No other way.

As others have said, he has a website. He'll answer your questions on his forum too. I rather admire his intellect. He got into the game at a different time and now he's Darth Vader. I bet that's quite a bit of fun.

(I am NOT JV1973. Waiting for mods to approve a new account to avoid confusion.)

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
luckyboy said:
From Betsy's Facebook...

https://www.facebook.com/betsy.andreu/posts/10204056319785785

Anders K. Christiansen of Norway's VG writes that Ferrari is still in business with over 30,000 emails discovered between Ferrari and clients (emails now in possession of police, Finnish server). Within the past few years, it has been discovered that Ferrari asked Armstrong to get a job for his son's Norwegian girlfriend at Livestrong or in the fashion industry. Approriate since she lists working for Ferrari's website on her resume. Short Q & A with Frankie but I have no idea what it says.

Just to clarify here; I believe the emails / server were discovered in 2010.

What have we learnt since that time? Who has been convicted of anything due to the discovery? It's been 4 years now.

jw1979 said:
It's a bit like 100 weekend warriors trying to take down Nibali on a climb. He's just flat out more intelligent than they are AND he doesn't have to play by the same rules. If they want to take him down they'd have to pay him to be on their side. No other way.

As others have said, he has a website. He'll answer your questions on his forum too. I rather admire his intellect. He got into the game at a different time and now he's Darth Vader. I bet that's quite a bit of fun.

That is quite a summation of this character. Excellent points all.

Despite the fact that in "The Armstrong Lie" he is portrayed as a "scientist", he is still the go-to guy for cheating in cycling, and that is where the scientist bit gets lost on me. No ethics, no morals-just cheating.

Interesting to see it from a "Simon Bar Sinister" point of view, though. He is definitely worth one of those David Walsh tomes if any journalist could ever definitively find out exactly what Ferrari was doing, with whom and for how much-

adonyd.jpg

Berzin said:
That is quite a summation of this character. Excellent points all.

Despite the fact that in "The Armstrong Lie" he is portrayed as a "scientist", he is still the go-to guy for cheating in cycling, and that is where the scientist bit gets lost on me. No ethics, no morals-just cheating.

He probably uses something like "Cycling at the elite level is unhealthy. I help cyclists be healthy." There's no doubt he's getting contacted all the time. It's what he wants to do.

There's no stopping these characters. IAAF had a WADA banned super-agent at the London Olympics in the Nike suite and other places. Same guy was called a close family friend during a medal-winner's press interview just after winning one of a number of medals. And nothing came of it.

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:

What have we learnt since that time? Who has been convicted of anything due to the discovery? It's been 4 years now.

Possibly Savoldelli. According to Gazzetto dello Sport Stefano Ferrari sent Savoldelli a mail telling him to deny any doping at Discovery, a mail he was asked about at his doping hearing this spring. He claimed to not have received any such mail, and to not have seen any doping at Discovery. But the mail seems to have been part of the evidence against him. It could be from that server in Finland.

http://www.vg.no/sport/sykkel/doping/mot-dopingdom-for-arvesens-overmann/a/10139367/ (Norw)

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:

The Italians probably found that Ferrari was working with some big named Italian sports stars and are gonna let this SOL to keep Ferrari's mouth shut.