• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ferrari:There's No Evidence I Doped

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
spetsa said:
Have there been any public statements in regards to when we may expect some finality in regards to Dr. Ferrari's Italian court preceedings? I know that there have been references to jail time by some, but is that really a possibility given the nature of the Italian system?

http://english.gazzetta.it/More_spo...nk-accounts-fake-contracts-912946609743.shtml

Probably already posted in october but no update yet as to finalising but as far as previous poster talking about ferrari suing for defamation etc.....he has enough to deal with at home.

mountainrman said:
Missed it. Thanks will go look. Any idea where?

[Update just found this..] posted by someone earlier

"He has foregone any prospective claim against USADA by passing on arbitration.

UCI/WADA rules made it clear and unambiguous that a non licensed person involved in the preparation and support of a licensed rider is subject to the rules as a licensed person (UCI Rule 18).

If Armstrong with his battery of high powered lawyers could not fault the USADA process then Ferrari is just p.ss.ng in the wind
."

Thank you for posting that response someone else made to show what i was trying to say(not very good i might add), thats what i was referring to(that post).

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
I am not even sure that Ferrari can not sue the USADA over not being allowed other options of he choose not to go to arbitration is refused. Civil suits are allowed a great amount of leeway in the US, and there are a lot of very smart lawyers who can make a case of anything. Of course thats not to say the Ferrari would stand a snowballs chance in hell of winning any suit, just that he well may be able to file.

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
no evidence to support the headline

The article offers no evidence that he was working with riders, despite a headline indicating that this was the case. A picture of a picture of Ferrari riding by himself in the rain? Wow, this is good stuff CN.

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
so you think Ferrari is just a clown dressed up in Postal gear riding up and down his favorite mountain all by himself?

I certainly didn't call him a clown, he is far from that. I was pointing out that the article did not mesh with the headline. There is no evidence in the CN article that Ferrari is training other riders. I am not saying he isn't, I am just stating that this is a misleading headline.

May 19, 2010
Visit site
ericfalcon said:
I certainly didn't call him a clown, he is far from that. I was pointing out that the article did not mesh with the headline. There is no evidence in the CN article that Ferrari is training other riders. I am not saying he isn't, I am just stating that this is a misleading headline.

Todays article in Corriere della Sera was just to wet the appetite. The main course will be served on Monday in Cycling Pro magazine. The journalists reporting that they saw the doc and five Gran Fondo veterans suggests they know who they are, even if they turned around and disapeared in the mist.

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
neineinei said:
Todays article in Corriere della Sera was just to wet the appetite. The main course will be served on Monday in Cycling Pro magazine. The journalists reporting that they saw the doc and five Gran Fondo veterans suggests they know who they are, even if they turned around and disapeared in the mist.

Got it, thanks.

TRENDING THREADS