• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

FFWD wheels

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
Anyone got a pair? I'm considering getting some F5T's since they look very cheap for a carbon wheelset (about $1200 AUD, from the uk). Most similar wheels go for around $2k+. But that price difference makes me a tad nervous, since I normally believe "you get what you pay for". ie being so cheap, there's got to be something wrong with them, right?

So if anyone has some first hand experience with their wheels, please give me some feedback. :)

Note : my suspicion is that the F5T's have crappy hubs.

the big ring

BANNED
Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Allegedly the same rims used in Bouwmeester wheels - I have a pair of, but have only raced once, so not a lot of experience. Nice wheels, not much of a review :)

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
the big ring said:
Allegedly the same rims used in Bouwmeester wheels - I have a pair of, but have only raced once, so not a lot of experience. Nice wheels, not much of a review :)

I've heard the same thing. I've also only ever heard positive reports about the Bouwmeesters. Now if only they weren't double the cost.