• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Finally, what's your opinion about "Vuelta"?

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I've been asking about it on the rest days of this Vuelta, so it's time to know final opinions.

- Race
- Route
- Landscapes
- Climbs
- Hardness

pmcg76 said:
No Cav, Kittel, Petacchi, no stupid sprint trains making every stage boring as ****. Every race should be like the Vuelta. Also shows that you don't need 3-4 col mountain stages to make it exciting. I really enjoyed this Vuelta.
no, but you need them to watch a stage for more than the last twenty minutes.

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
No Cav, Kittel, Petacchi, no stupid sprint trains making every stage boring as ****. Every race should be like the Vuelta. Also shows that you don't need 3-4 col mountain stages to make it exciting. I really enjoyed this Vuelta.
This, apart from clinic issues

del1962 said:
A couple more sprinter stages could be addded
please god no

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Just absurd. I rate 1/10...
At the end i couldn´t really watch it anymore... otherwise i´d have thrown my TV out of the window.
I agree, unfortunately the miraculous performance of one rider ruined the whole gc battle for me.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
willbick said:
Inspirational... inspired by a... winning one of the most physically demanding events... I feel sorry for you...

Where did i hear that before? Was it on the podium 2005 & some foundation speeches?

History repeats itself. And people get fooled... yet again. Same old stories.

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Great race! I don't care if Nibs didn't win even though I wanted him to. The racing was beautiful, passionate, and enjoyable. Thats more than I can say for most GTs. There was plenty of fight for even the top 10 spots.

gustienordic said:
Great race! I don't care if Nibs didn't win even though I wanted him to. The racing was beautiful, passionate, and enjoyable. Thats more than I can say for most GTs. There was plenty of fight for even the top 10 spots.

why on earth would you want a 28 year old 2-time GT winner to win ahead of a 41 yr old whose never won one before??!

Asturiano said:
I've been asking about it on the rest days of this Vuelta, so it's time to know final opinions.

- Race
- Route
- Landscapes
- Climbs
- Hardness

- Race: An unexpected winner, always a good thing
- Route: Horrible
- Landscapes: Better than in recent years, not that many deserts
-Climbs: No suprises year you got what the profiles promised
.Hardness: Very easy. No tough mountain stages, far too little TT kmes, overall lots of soft pedaling, only the least few kilometers were hard in most stages.

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
It was grand, credit to Nibali for showing great spirit and trying his heart out today but seeing Horner show his class to the world at 41 was tremendous~!

Good stuff outside of the GC as well like Martin nearly winning and young talents like Barguil and Elissonde taking stages, plus Pinot bouncing back from his problems.

Mollema beating the sprint trains!

I'm forgetting other things no doubt.

Cyivel said:
It was grand, credit to Nibali for showing great spirit and trying his heart out today but seeing Horner show his class to the world at 41 was tremendous~!

Good stuff outside of the GC as well like Martin nearly winning and young talents like Barguil and Elissonde taking stages, plus Pinot bouncing back from his problems.

Mollema beating the sprint trains!

I'm forgetting other things no doubt.

what is this thing you speak of lol?

TRENDING THREADS