• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Firefox 4 pop-up problems

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I recently upgrated from Firefox 3.6 to Firefox 4.

It used to block pop-ups, but I still had what I believe is called pop-unders. These pages would be under the main site that I was on, so I wouldn't actually see them until I close the main page, and they wouldn't bother me. Also since I have a mac I could just close them all at once.

Now with Firefox 4 it still blocks some pop-ups, but those the pop-unders now appear on the screen, and not below the main site anymore, so I have to close them before I can surf on.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? I've tried Preferences > Content > Block pop-ups but there are no exceptions listed.

Christian said:
I recently upgrated from Firefox 3.6 to Firefox 4.

It used to block pop-ups, but I still had what I believe is called pop-unders. These pages would be under the main site that I was on, so I wouldn't actually see them until I close the main page, and they wouldn't bother me. Also since I have a mac I could just close them all at once.

Now with Firefox 4 it still blocks some pop-ups, but those the pop-unders now appear on the screen, and not below the main site anymore, so I have to close them before I can surf on.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? I've tried Preferences > Content > Block pop-ups but there are no exceptions listed.

AdBlock Plus. Kills 99.99999% of irritating ads! Well, 100% actually, but that sounds less cool. ;)

TRENDING THREADS