• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

First Album You Bought

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
lynyrd-skynyrd-pronounced-leh-nerd-skin-nerd.jpg

I've been scratching my head like crazy because my first album was bought about 50 years ago, it was either Yardbirds For Your Love, or Bob Dylan Times are a Changin. I bought those over a two month period in 1966 because I had to save my allowance, but which was first I just can't recall, I was 13 at the time. Obviously I no longer have those since they wore out a long time ago after being played a 25 or so times on a cheap turntable that had no counter balance weighted tonearm which would literally carve into a record over a short period of time, so the sound would get horrid thus to the trash they went. Those two albums I bought because they were on sale for $1 each!

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
1979 Stiff Little Fingers-Inflammable Material.I was 11.
A few months earlier in 1978 my older Cousin,who was into Thin Lizzy/Rush etc used to buy records every Friday when he got paid.One Friday he brought home a few singles and amongst them was Suspect Device.We listened to it,flipped it over and as soon as I heard the B-side Wasted Life I just knew.Made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.When it finished he just said"that was crap". I asked if I could have it and he said yes.A couple of months he brought home Alternative Ulster and just said "bought you this by that crap band".
I later bought the Album with my paper round money and almost 40 years on it's still my favourite album and I listen to it at least once a month.
It still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end.

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
The Clash "London Burning", and The Police "Synchronicity" at the same time which I remember being a lot of saved quarters for a ten year old.