• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

First doping case from 2009 TdF

Indeed-rumor has it that might have been a potent hallucinogen-which makes in the carrier's brain to believe a fantasy world of "wonderful stages" that never existed, and damages logic reasoning by putting the Tourmalet climb a 100 km away from the finish line....

Do Prudhomme's comments mean that the 2010 route will be just as bad as the 2009 one? Or is he just unwilling to admit that the route was a failure? It seems like he is pointing to an attack in the last 2km of a climb as the exciting moment that made the Tour worthwhile.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
The route will be whatever is required for Lance Armstrong to play a leading role right until the end.

That way cyclings "new" lucrative audience stays tuned in for longer. Everyone who stands to make money from the sport wins. True fans suffer.

With 10 days to go, each updated rumour coming out of France suggests a route, that, if anything, is worse than last years!
The Jura provides this year's Vosges stage. Interesting, but ultimately irrelevant.
Morzine Avoriaz seems to have disappeared, in favour of the now, more familiar Morzine finish.
So, scratch one classic MTF from the Alpes.
That leaves Landis's Waterloo as, once again, the climb of choice, even though it's an ugly little mo fo, with hardly a ramp in sight.
Gap over the Izoard, probably. 2003 re-visited?
Trois Domaines is stiff, but short.
The Luchon stage has the leftover climbs.
A Pau finish will neutralise the "homage to 1910" stage, for the contenders.
That leaves the ITT up the Tourmalet to sort it all out.
The rest is flat or trialing.
It's a grim prospect, IMO.

First Doping Case

Well, being the race director, what else would he say ? It's true though, the race was dull compared to the previous three Tour's even though there was plenty of negative controversy in those races.

I mean when Thor Hushovd breaks away on a mountain stage and you are still compelled to sit there and watch..............I think that says it all. Pretty defensive race tactically and Contador's win hardly ever looked in doubt. At least with 10 days to go anyway. Prudhomme's taking his happy pills or maybe it's Civilian CERA (the spectator version) who knows ? I hope the reports are correct and the team time trial goes. It really kills the chances of riders in weaker teams at too early a point in the race.

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
Sadly, here in Oz (not sure if that it has same name elsewhere?) we have a very dangerous drug known as "Fantasy" that is on the streets. If Prudhomme doesn't test positive for it, I'd be surprised.

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Can't wait for the Giro.

Wiggo lost 5 minutes in the 10k of contested climbing at the last tour so he will be pleased the Tour route decision making process seems to have again been hijacked.

A

Anonymous

Unfortunately, the head of an organisation never admits their mistakes until after he retires or is fired. Of course Prudhomme praises his lack-luster tour, anyone in his position would. The question is, will he make up for it this year? I guess we are soon to find out....

Bring back INDIVIDUAL TIME TRIALS.. i seem to remember them being in a TDF :rolleyes:

Sprocket01

BANNED
Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
Mountain Goat said:
Unfortunately, the head of an organisation never admits their mistakes until after he retires or is fired. Of course Prudhomme praises his lack-luster tour, anyone in his position would. The question is, will he make up for it this year? I guess we are soon to find out....

Bring back INDIVIDUAL TIME TRIALS.. i seem to remember them being in a TDF :rolleyes:

I note you haven't condemned this thread for being terribly insensitive by making light of doping.

Sprocket01 said:
I note you haven't condemned this thread for being terribly insensitive by making light of doping.

Evidently the moderator was sensitive about it. I was given a warning for posting about doping the in the pro racing forum, even though it was an obvious joke about how out of touch with reality Prudhomme's comments about the route were. I am not sure whether the mod in question has no sense of humor or only read the title of the thread without looking at the body of the post.

TRENDING THREADS