• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

First Time Poster

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey All

Im a relatively new fan to cycling here , I have always followed the Tour on SBS but due to the media was brought to believe that Armstrong was all there was in Cycling and nothing else was mentionable ( I cant stand the bloke to be honest)

Over the last few months through Foxtels inclusion of Eurosport i have seen what real racing is all about , Roubaix , Flanders , Amstel, Fleche and LBL provided more Entertainment in a few hours than the tour has Provided in all these years . I have seen the light .

My fave riders obviously include all the Aussies and soon to be Aussie Heinrich Hauessler ( Forgive me Gramma Police) and also Jens Voight , Chavanel, Breschel , Boonen, Devolder.

Anyway thats enough of my Gibberish just wanted to introduce myself , im bored at work with nothing to do.

See Ya all around

A

Anonymous

Sydney Sider said:
Hey All

...I have always followed the Tour on SBS but due to the media was brought to believe that Armstrong was all there was in Cycling and nothing else was mentionable ( I cant stand the bloke to be honest)

I'm sure you'll fit in fine in this forum. ;)

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Gee333 said:
I'm sure you'll fit in fine in this forum. ;)

My eyes have been opened in a big way , here i was thinking for years the whole world revolved around Lance and the cycling world bowed at his feet , how wrong was i. I guess thats what happens when you only see the Aussie Media and have to listen to Phil Ligget and Paul Sherwin bow to the master every time they say his name in commentary.

Im just a naive Aussie too far away from the rest of the world to have a clue i guess .

May 5, 2010
Visit site
amp300 said:
I'm calling troll

Its good too see you give people a chance before making judgments , im a new fan to cycling and openly admit that i dont have much knowledge but i have joined this forum to contribute and learn about the ins and outs of all aspects of cycling

Oncearunner8

BANNED
Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Sydney Sider said:
Hey All

Im a relatively new fan to cycling here , I have always followed the Tour on SBS but due to the media was brought to believe that Armstrong was all there was in Cycling and nothing else was mentionable ( I cant stand the bloke to be honest)

Over the last few months through Foxtels inclusion of Eurosport i have seen what real racing is all about , Roubaix , Flanders , Amstel, Fleche and LBL provided more Entertainment in a few hours than the tour has Provided in all these years . I have seen the light .

My fave riders obviously include all the Aussies and soon to be Aussie Heinrich Hauessler ( Forgive me Gramma Police) and also Jens Voight , Chavanel, Breschel , Boonen, Devolder.

Anyway thats enough of my Gibberish just wanted to introduce myself , im bored at work with nothing to do.

See Ya all around

what is up with the bloke bullshizz???? why not mention his azz at all. How about mention Cadel and his ugly mug ... or sumten like dat?

hey dont not worry wid tis engrish stuff i got dis mastard.

Oncearunner8

BANNED
Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
amp300 said:
I'm calling troll

that is because your in flagstaff and worried about the 7thousand feet and all.

Hey get back to flagstaff brewing and get a good ribeye or maybe go over to Gore to get a job. It that does not work out I have some contacts over at machine solutions near the airport that may help you out. LMAO..

Bagster

BANNED
Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Sydney Sider said:
Its good too see you give people a chance before making judgments , im a new fan to cycling and openly admit that i dont have much knowledge but i have joined this forum to contribute and learn about the ins and outs of all aspects of cycling

Actually the only thing that saved you on here was your opening statement that you don't like LA, otherwise you would have been flamed to oblivion.

The judgements on here are in reality very old testament so be very careful what you say.;)

If you start every post with "I just want to say up front that I hate Lance.." then you will set. By the way it doesn't matter what the post is about, just start it like that.:)

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Bagster said:
Actually the only thing that saved you on here was your opening statement that you don't like LA, otherwise you would have been flamed to oblivion.

The judgements on here are in reality very old testament so be very careful what you say.;)

If you start every post with "I just want to say up front that I hate Lance.." then you will set. By the way it doesn't matter what the post is about, just start it like that.:)

Thanks for the tip , well the reason i have no respect for Lance is my belief that no single person should be bigger than the sport and he believes he is , im not one hundred percent sure of the exact circumstances cause i admit im fairly unniformed in the cycling world but i read somewhere when he was making his comeback and decided to Ride in the TDU the UCI bent the rules to allow him to ride their , to me the rules should be black and white for everyone and not turned grey to accomodate one person but if im wrong im please correct me , then there was the twitter episode during last years tour.

Maybe it was inappropiate to state i didnt like a rider in my first post but that was my honest perception of cycling in Australia a few years ago , that Lance was the messiah , now i have stated my reason why i dont like him i will not mention him again

Bagster

BANNED
Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Sydney Sider said:
Thanks for the tip , well the reason i have no respect for Lance is my belief that no single person should be bigger than the sport and he believes he is , im not one hundred percent sure of the exact circumstances cause i admit im fairly unniformed in the cycling world but i read somewhere when he was making his comeback and decided to Ride in the TDU the UCI bent the rules to allow him to ride their , to me the rules should be black and white for everyone and not turned grey to accomodate one person but if im wrong im please correct me , then there was the twitter episode during last years tour.

Maybe it was inappropiate to state i didnt like a rider in my first post but that was my honest perception of cycling in Australia a few years ago , that Lance was the messiah , now i have stated my reason why i dont like him i will not mention him again

Hey you can like or dislike who you want. Yes they did bend the rules but it was hardly a big deal and if you were the race organiser wouldn't you want the extra millions that Lance brought to the race?

Hmm I may be wrong but I don't think he is viewed as the messiah on these forums:D "white Satan" one (albeit slightly disturbed) poster called him. Anyway you will find there is some good stuff on the forums.

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Bagster said:
Hey you can like or dislike who you want. Yes they did bend the rules but it was hardly a big deal and if you were the race organiser wouldn't you want the extra millions that Lance brought to the race?

Hmm I may be wrong but I don't think he is viewed as the messiah on these forums:D "white Satan" one (albeit slightly disturbed) poster called him. Anyway you will find there is some good stuff on the forums.

Some of the depth of knowledge in these forums is unbelievable, especially some of the stuff in the clinic , i think i have come to the wrong place i need to start in the forums that involve having training wheels can i be directed to where they are please :)

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Oncearunner8 said:
that is because your in flagstaff and worried about the 7thousand feet and all.

Hey get back to flagstaff brewing and get a good ribeye or maybe go over to Gore to get a job. It that does not work out I have some contacts over at machine solutions near the airport that may help you out. LMAO..

glad to entertain!

Sydney Sider said:
have to listen to Phil Ligget and Paul Sherwin bow to the master every time they say his name in commentary.

i've spent the last 3 years with non-english commentary watching it all on internet streams. i watched the 07 Roubaix last weekend on dvd, with tweedledumb and tweedle-even-dumber - i knew they weren't that good, but my god they didn't half spout some utter rubbish...

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Archibald said:
i've spent the last 3 years with non-english commentary watching it all on internet streams. i watched the 07 Roubaix last weekend on dvd, with tweedledumb and tweedle-even-dumber - i knew they weren't that good, but my god they didn't half spout some utter rubbish...

I bought that DVD a couple of months ago , great win by Stuey , that was my second cycling DVD i owned ,first was Hell on Wheels but my favourite is Road to Roubaix , a great Documentary that was my first real understanding of how much these races mean to the riders and fans alike. The music during
the scenes of the 07 Roubaix is spinetingling and it has convinced me that one day im going to make it over there to experience it in person .

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site
Sydney Sider said:
I bought that DVD a couple of months ago , great win by Stuey , that was my second cycling DVD i owned ,first was Hell on Wheels but my favourite is Road to Roubaix , a great Documentary that was my first real understanding of how much these races mean to the riders and fans alike. The music during
the scenes of the 07 Roubaix is spinetingling and it has convinced me that one day im going to make it over there to experience it in person .

Welcome aboard, Double S.

If you get a chance, buy or borrow "A Sunday in Hell". It's a dandy documentary of the 1976 edition. There were so many giants of the sport in that edition.

Here's a taste.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWTj6H2KKr4&NR=1

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Bag_O_Wallet said:
Welcome aboard, Double S.

If you get a chance, buy or borrow "A Sunday in Hell". It's a dandy documentary of the 1976 edition. There were so many giants of the sport in that edition.

Here's a taste.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWTj6H2KKr4&NR=1

I have seen it around just never got around to getting it , im pretty sure its included in a 3 dvd boxset here in Oz but i cant recall the other DVD's included , anything that is recommended though ill be sure to watch so thanks for the tip and im listening to any other suggestions

Sydney Sider said:

rode it then watched the race in a few places this year (on separate days)
having now ridden the cobbles of the course, I have a new found respect for what the riders do in this race.
a fantastic trip, well worth it

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
Archibald said:
rode it then watched the race in a few places this year (on separate days)
having now ridden the cobbles of the course, I have a new found respect for what the riders do in this race.
a fantastic trip, well worth it

Yeah it would be amazing but i still am going to have to convince the minister of finances to let me.:)

TRENDING THREADS