• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

FirstCycling.com - now in english!

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi all

FirstCycling.com just went online in an english version. So now all of you have the possibility to enter our own managergame to compete amongst the best of us.

Its easy to choose your team of riders amongst does lining up at the start. Screenshots from the managergame added.

Throughout the cycling season we run managergames on 100 different races. I'm pretty sure that makes us the one site in the world where you can make the most entries with your "manager team".

http://www.firstcycling.com/

The site is non-commercial and build by the fans for the fans. Originally from Norway. Along with the managergame the site contains results, stageprofiles, race-, team- and riderprofiles and much much more. Pay us a visit :)

_man1.jpg

_man2.jpg

_man3.jpg

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
World Championships

Just wanted to let you know that we're running an own World Championship competition, where a champion is crowned from the results of all our WC-managers. With both the road race and the time trial from Jr, U23 and Senior and the Team Time Trial that should make it a total of 7 competitions for the action in Ponferrada this year :)

And we just introduced monthly rankings, so that everyone can compete in the standings no matter when they joined in.

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
We've entered 2015 and it's possible to sign up for the Tour Down Under manager. The San Luis manager will soon be opened as well. This season, just like last season, there will be 100 manager games to participate in. All of these games make up the season competition, so if you join now you can try to beat me.

New of this season is the team competition. Join up with four other players and try to beat the other teams.

www.firstcycling.com

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
The manager season starts in just three days with the Tour de San Luis on monday. Then the day after, January 20th, the Tour Down Under kicks off. Sign up now so you can compete at 100 % in the season competition, it is more fun that way.

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
2 hours left to sign up for San Luis and 9 hours until the Tour Down Under manager game closes. My teams should be well researched and I of course see myself as the favorite here :)

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Jspear said:
Enjoyed the Tour Down Under...I know riders get points for being in the top 30 of each stage...I'm wondering how the final GC works as far as points go? Thanks!

It's the same, just double the stage points. Wippert got 100 points for winning the final stage, Dennis got 200 for winning the GC.

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Paris-Roubaix on sunday! I know who my captain will be, but other than that it's impossible to fit all the top candidates into the manager team of 8 riders. Might as well close my eyes and pick at random.

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Prize pool for the Tour des Fjords manager at http://www.FirstCycling.com

Prizes for the top three managers overall:
1. Yellow Uno-X leader's jersey - signed by Alexander Kristoff
2. Blue Coop points jersey
3. Polkadot Centric Energy mountain jersey
Best new manager (with a maximum of 3 manager game entries) wins White Mot youth jersey.
The Green Fjord Tours combative jersey will be given to a random team entering the competition.

zAtLkIY.jpg

Giving this thread a bump. This is my favorite cycling game. You pick a team of 7-9 riders (depending on the actual size of teams in the race) and you score off stage wins and gc. It's very fun and there's good competition. There's game managers for 100+ races throughout the year...more than enough to keep ya busy. :)

First races are San Luis and TdU.

Hey folks, multiple managers coming up! Vuelta Colombia for example, there aren't many previews available on this so you could really show ur knowledge here! One week to go and I'm only sure about one thing in my team :

Rrt7E9D.png

Simple rules really :

- choose your team of 9 riders
- the riders score points for places between no.1-30
(2x the scale for GC positions in stage races, own rules for Grand Tours)
- your riders have different roles inside your team, from captains to domestiques (the different roles gets calculated in how many points a rider get for a victory etc, the variables are shown where you select your team)
- So lets say your rider wins the GC, that's 200 points. See the points table below

FpZ6L14.png

Lastly I must say that my favorite tool of all is "Follow the rider" -option. After you've followed the rider they will be marked on all result lists on the site and you can get your own, personal result feed. For example something like this

dofcODQ.png

http://www.firstcycling.com - Give it a try

TRENDING THREADS