• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Flags In Le Tour

Just a random thought... how many flags will there be at the Tour? Not flags by the road-side (guess trying to count that is impossible anyway) but flags worn by riders.
So far I've got
The Danish (both RR and TT)
The Luxembourgish (both RR and TT)
The Norwegian (RR)
The British (RR)
Probably the French too (RR)

A

Anonymous

RedheadDane said:
Just a random thought... how many flags will there be at the Tour? Not flags by the road-side (guess trying to count that is impossible anyway) but flags worn by riders.
So far I've got
The Danish (both RR and TT)
The Luxembourgish (both RR and TT)
The Norwegian (RR)
The British (RR)
Probably the French too (RR)

French TT (probably)
Norwegian TT
American RR & TT (not till later in the year)
British TT (not till september)
Belgian RR (probably)

theres actually a list here [2010] [2009]
Some will be the 2009 champions if the race is not till later in the year.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
French TT (probably)
Norwegian TT
American RR & TT (not till later in the year)
British TT (not till september)
Belgian RR (probably)

theres actually a list here [2010] [2009]
Some will be the 2009 champions if the race is not till later in the year.

I thought the american champs are on atm?

A

Anonymous

this_is_edie said:
USA Championships were held for everyone but Pro Men which are in September. So Hincapie will be wearing the USA National jersey in the Tour.

oh ok.. i was half right.. I was sure the Roads were late in the year. But then i saw the u23 was this weekend so i got confused.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
That is kinda stupid. Have them all at the one time.

When are Australia's? I could understand it if Mick Rogers and Cadel Evans didn't want to fly all the way to Australia for a 1 day race, so shortly before the TdF

Plus meteorological reasons might play a role ... don't know what the weather is like in Australia right now but in South Africa it's raining all the time and pretty cold from what I see on the World Cup

Christian said:
When are Australia's? I could understand it if Mick Rogers and Cadel Evans didn't want to fly all the way to Australia for a 1 day race, so shortly before the TdF

Plus meteorological reasons might play a role ... don't know what the weather is like in Australia right now but in South Africa it's raining all the time and pretty cold from what I see on the World Cup

They are in January just before Tour Down Under. The sames goes for New Zealand I believe.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Christian said:

Well I was reffering to the USA nats. Rogers ususally does the nats and has sucked pretty badly in the RR. Cadel has never down the nationals, (hopefully he will next year.)

It is pretty wet around this time of year.

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
I was just perusing the roll out pix. Granted, clothing suppliers haven't had any time to get them together, but there are very few national champ jerseys to be seen.

Since Hincapie has had his since the beginning of the season, obviously his kit looks put together. Also, the Schlecks just swapped the champ's jersey, so Saxo was prepared. Same thing with Kolobnev. Hushovd hasn't gotten his yet, but Voeckler looks to be wearing the same jersey he was presented with on the podium at the French NC. It's got no sponsor on it. In the Milram pic, you can see Terpstra peeking out in his Dutch jersey from the back.

TRENDING THREADS