• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Flandis' 3 July Revelations - Laziali's Crystal Ball Confirmed

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
On June I posted the following prediction. Barrus' response comes after. Egg on your face, Mr Barrus? :D
As I said, "believe me when I tell you".

laziali said:
No action until 3 July. Then it's going to go BOOM! Believe me when I tell you.

Barrus said:
Why would we believe you?

Laziali 1: Barrus 0 :D

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
rhubroma said:
I swear I immediately thought as much. So how about letting us in to your "crystal ball"? :) We are all just dying to know (what's next...)

Sorry, no crystal ball. Just a good sense of timing and experience with journos. I had heard from contacts that News Corp (owner of WSJ) was lining up something big. And what better time than the day the Tour starts.

The "believe me when I tell you" is a famous rhetorical style from a well known book ;)

As for my next prediction - Lil' Bertie breaks a bone on the cobbles of northern France.

Greg Lemond beat me to my other prediction - I am really hoping that one comes true.

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
laziali said:
On June I posted the following prediction. Barrus' response comes after. Egg on your face, Mr Barrus? :D

Homage to you my friend.:D But i don't think Landis has said anything new has he? - I expect lance and johan will just ignore Landis as B4.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Every year ...... someone waits do drop some "news" just before the start of the tour. It's been suspiciously quiet leading up to the tour this year.

I wouldn't have guessed Floyd .... again.

What a sport ......

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
online-rider said:
Homage to you my friend.:D But i don't think Landis has said anything new has he? - I expect lance and johan will just ignore Landis as B4.

The hookers and blow is new. Landis is a well spring of stories

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
laziali said:

Wait what, now I'm getting attacked. That question was due to the fact that you put an unsibstantiated remark in a thread that was littered with incorrect predictions, yours was the last after others were proven incorrect

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Boom?

laziali said:

only this is more *fizzle* than *Boom*. I was hoping to see something unassailable - attributed quotes from teammates, the famous pannier pictures that we heard so much about. As it is, and unfortunately so, this is just more stuff for the fanboys to point to in their mindless defense of the indefensible.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
scribe said:
The hookers and blow is new. Landis is a well spring of stories

WSJ went for the obvious Rock Star appeal for that entry. You could plug in any celebrity, politician or Christian Evangelist into that line to hook readers. It was also leaked out in cybergossip several weeks ago. The cash sale of assets by a company (bikes) for acquisition of PEDs could be new wrinkle in what the Feds may pursue. It may only represent a tax violation but that can be expensive to avoid if JB's fingerprints are on that program. Little things like that add up and turn stoic co-conspirators into Federal witnesses.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
_yngve_ said:
only this is more *fizzle* than *Boom*. I was hoping to see something unassailable - attributed quotes from teammates, the famous pannier pictures that we heard so much about. As it is, and unfortunately so, this is just more stuff for the fanboys to point to in their mindless defense of the indefensible.

The pannier photo might or might not exist, but it might be pretty useless for the WSJ without corroboration. Sure it would be nice for us to see it, but if it's just a close-up of a pannier, even with blood bags in it, it doesn't prove much, unfortunately. You'd need at least a second source, otherwise the journalist can't be sure whether it's real or staged.

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Barrus said:
Wait what, now I'm getting attacked. That question was due to the fact that you put an unsibstantiated remark in a thread that was littered with incorrect predictions, yours was the last after others were proven incorrect

Just a bit of fun Barrus :) Your position was entirely justified - I didn't let on my reasons at the time.

To be honest, I understood it was going to be bigger and involve confirmation from another ex-Postal rider or staffer, but looks like we have to wait for that instalment.

TRENDING THREADS