• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

FLandis dukes it out with Deron Williams

1613281.jpg

In 2.2 mile time trial with a one minute advantage, Williams barely beats Landis.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-Landis-go-head-to-head.html?linkTrack=rss-32

Good on Flandis for playing the silly PR game. I can't believe that the organizers let Williams pull that "dunk in his face" business. That's pretty disrespectful. But I guess it's important to let the US populace know exactly which sport produces finer athletes... :(

Jul 8, 2009
www.edwardgtalbot.com
I hate to even consider taking this thing seriously, but I don't see how he held off Floyd with only a minute advantage without doing a respectable ride for a non-rider. I didn't see any times, but presumably Floyd did somewhere around 4 minutes. Which means Williams did 5:00 or thereabouts. I don't know many non-riders his size who could do that.

BroDeal said:
1613281.jpg

In 2.2 mile time trial with a one minute advantage, Williams barely beats Landis.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-Landis-go-head-to-head.html?linkTrack=rss-32

I am still heartbroken over how everything has turned out for Floyd, I think he would have been a better ambassador for the sport than any cyclist since LeMond.

I wonder if the hip prevents him from performing at anywhere close to his potential. Or maybe it's something else. In any event, it's great to see him.

mr. tibbs said:
Good on Flandis for playing the silly PR game. I can't believe that the organizers let Williams pull that "dunk in his face" business. That's pretty disrespectful. But I guess it's important to let the US populace know exactly which sport produces finer athletes... :(
Agree. Floyd should have given him the Breaking Away tire pump trick to get even.

ggusta said:
I am still heartbroken over how everything has turned out for Floyd, I think he would have been a better ambassador for the sport than any cyclist since LeMond.
Agree. With the huge exception that he, and especially his manager and legal team, acted in a pathetic and despicable manner during his USADA hearing...

I wonder if the hip prevents him from performing at anywhere close to his potential. Or maybe it's something else. In any event, it's great to see him.
He says no, but others have said the time it has taken him to get back after the surgery took a lot longer than he's lead on.

I think Floyd has a lot of personal things going on, and baggage that's really keeping him from racing better. Doping or no doping, Floyd was a very skilled cyclist with a big engine, if he can get his head on straight there's no reason he can't return to at least something close to his former self.

May 17, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Doping or no doping, Floyd was a very skilled cyclist with a big engine, if he can get his head on straight there's no reason he can't return to at least something close to his former self.
Doping or no doping? Sure, what's the difference. Ferrari probably doesn't know what he's doing anyway.

TRENDING THREADS