• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Flash! Armstrong announces their was tension during the Tour de France

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
El Imbatido said:
We will need secret codenames (ala Operation Puerto) so we cannot be linked back here;) and also so we know each other.

I see ak-zaaf already has a pretty inconspicuous name on that forum: Zaaf:D

can i just spell hy handle backwards, that ought to take 'em a while to unravel..... atsugg

Scott SoCal said:
On more than one occasion there was quiet at the dinner table...:eek:

I think AC deserves a lot of credit for dealing with the mental stress. AC made some tactical mistakes that may have been brought on by the mind games. Surely he learned a thing or two from the experience.

I think this "newsflash" makes LA look even worse than he already does. The best thing he could do is to not discuss this year's TdF. It makes him look small(er) and petty(er).

I think the mistakes were the desired result of the mind game. I have stated it before, LA did this for quite some time prior to the tdf. he did it during the tdf when it would be quite simple to take the high road, he went out of his way to do it at every opportunity.

The goal was to distract AC to the point where he did lose concentration or make a choice not in his best interest. TO AC's credit, there were not more mental lapses.

It had an effect, but not enough. But Lance was deliberately engaging in this because he knew he could not beat him on the road. He was right.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
El Imbatido said:
We will need secret codenames (ala Operation Puerto) so we cannot be linked back here;) and also so we know each other.

I see ak-zaaf already has a pretty inconspicuous name on that forum: Zaaf:D

My alter ego is krabcakes33
but it is pretty sparse over there with 48 members

A

Anonymous

thehog said:

I just caught this little gem from their spot about Landis possibly joining.

"Landis went on to win the 2006 Tour de France with Phonak, the year following Armstrong’s retirement. But Landis was stripped of his title via his well-documented illegal testosterone-epitestosterone ratio."

Feel the spin?

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
TeamRadioshack.us

My alter ego is krabcakes33
but it is pretty sparse over there with 48 members

Hi there

Sure, the site started a few weeks ago from scratch. Now the site is gaining traffic. And the social network where the forum is, is just a couple of weeks old, so 48 users is not that bad. Sure it will grow quickly.

What is it you guys have against that site?

Anyway, I am a cycling fan, and that is why I did that site, out of my own pocket.
Hope most of you will like it.

Can't please you all ;-)

Best
Jens
http://www.TeamRadioshack.us

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
teamradioshack.us said:
Hi there

Sure, the site started a few weeks ago from scratch. Now the site is gaining traffic. And the social network where the forum is, is just a couple of weeks old, so 48 users is not that bad. Sure it will grow quickly.

Anyway, I am a cycling fan, and that is why I did that site, out of my own pocket.

Can't please you all ;-)

Best
Jens
[/COLOR

Good Luck

A

Anonymous

teamradioshack.us said:
Hi there

Can't please you all ;-)

Best
Jens

Dude, you are in the wrong part of town after dark...better pack up the lovely wife and beautiful kids and hightail it straight back to the 'burbs...

teamradioshack.us said:
Hi there

Can't please you all ;-)

Best
Jens

Well you seem like a nice enough guy. Hopefully you won't go all Coolhand on us when some contrary points of view get aired. Although given the name of the site I would not be suprised if a relatively narrow scope was tolerated.

A

Anonymous

teamradioshack.us said:
Sorry guys, I just don't understand...why the hostility?

Best
Jens

You do seem like a nice guy as Hugh says. The problem is that many of us (not all, there are Lance fans here) do not respect Mr Armstrong. You will find that people such as myself are pretty strong in their opinions. Unless you are the "duck" type and let things roll off your back really well, you will find much opposition to "fan" opinions of Mr Armstrong.

Not saying you shouldn't post, just that you should maybe read some of the threads here (and in the Clinic) if you want to get the lay of the land.

Regrets from a former Lance Fan

teamradioshack.us said:
Sorry guys, I just don't understand...why the hostility?

Best
Jens

My primary problem with Team Radio Shack is that there is a guy on your team that I used to love until maybe 7 months ago when he came out of retirement and started to make all kinds of blustery commotion like a 700 pound gorilla. Apparently he thought that all his accomplishments he achieved when he was younger and his cycling career was still active should translate into his being the new leader of Team Astana.

It really doesn't work that way, Jens. 'dis ain't the Learning Annex or University of Phoenix.

Astana has (at least for the time being) a man who can do on a steep climb what other tdf winners can only fantasize about. Even non-cyclists sit back in awe when they watch his attacks. If your number 1 rider has the legs for it, then he can show us who is Boss on the Road, not on his Twitter account and in fawning media like Versus. And a hundred other places where sniveling journalists report every poisonous word out of his mouth.

Instead, your number 1 rider spent his time attacking the best rider in the world, to Contador's credit, he said very little relative to the onslaught of manure heaped upon him by the guy I once loved but was really quickly getting tired of for his utter classlessness. Jens have you heard the vile drivel from a spoiled brat who must not think he 'has it' any longer so instead wages a relentless campaign to distract his rival and whine like a 3 year old until he gets to be team leader? Or does one have to check their brain at the door when working for a has been?

I don't think you or the 2009 tdf 3rd place sourpuss-on-the-podium realize the irreparable harm he did to his own reputation. It's kind of baffling to me that anyone, ANYONE associated with Team Radio Shack isn't well aware of how he has polarized so many people, especially former fans. We ought to be marveling in the accomplishments of 2009. Instead, He p*e's all over his own parade

You have got to be living in a bubble if you don't get it.

He couldn't let his legs do the talking for him in 2009 and I doubt 2010 will be any better. And probably a lot worse.

But hey, Jens, that's just me. ;)

Cheerio. :D

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Hi Jens,

Nice site I have to say. Clean, simple and understated but seems very effective at conveying the Retirement Shack message. Good luck with it.

One thing though, im just wondering where Doping tab is? It'll be good to know from a reliable source what chemicals and methods the team will bring to combat for 2010.

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
ggusta said:
My primary problem with Team Radio Shack is that there is a guy on your team that I used to love until maybe 7 months ago when he came out of retirement and started to make all kinds of blustery commotion like a 700 pound gorilla. Apparently he thought that all his accomplishments he achieved when he was younger and his cycling career was still active should translate into his being the new leader of Team Astana.

It really doesn't work that way, Jens. 'dis ain't the Learning Annex or University of Phoenix.

Astana has (at least for the time being) a man who can do on a steep climb what other tdf winners can only fantasize about. Even non-cyclists sit back in awe when they watch his attacks. If your number 1 rider has the legs for it, then he can show us who is Boss on the Road, not on his Twitter account and in fawning media like Versus. And a hundred other places where sniveling journalists report every poisonous word out of his mouth.

Instead, your number 1 rider spent his time attacking the best rider in the world, to Contador's credit, he said very little relative to the onslaught of manure heaped upon him by the guy I once loved but was really quickly getting tired of for his utter classlessness. Jens have you heard the vile drivel from a spoiled brat who must not think he 'has it' any longer so instead wages a relentless campaign to distract his rival and whine like a 3 year old until he gets to be team leader? Or does one have to check their brain at the door when working for a has been?

I don't think you or the 2009 tdf 3rd place sourpuss-on-the-podium realize the irreparable harm he did to his own reputation. It's kind of baffling to me that anyone, ANYONE associated with Team Radio Shack isn't well aware of how he has polarized so many people, especially former fans. We ought to be marveling in the accomplishments of 2009. Instead, He p*e's all over his own parade

He couldn't let his legs do the talking for him in 2009 and I doubt 2010 will be any better. And probably a lot worse.

No, that's NOT just you! I feel exactly the same way. And in 2003 I was such a fan that I dragged my wife and our bikes to France to see Lance capture his 5th straight title. But things have really changed since then.
I couldn't have expressed that better. You articulated that perfectly, from start to finish. Jens, and others, should read it over and over, it would be good therapy:eek:

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi all

I appreciate all your comments.

I would not just delete posts criticizing Lance or the new team. The only thing I would oppose to, would be inproper, hateful or indecent language.

I do believe that we all have the right to say our opinions, as long as we keep a proper tone.

Best
Jens

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
I am not getting paid diddley squad.

I created the site, and then I contacted the official team management to ask if they minded me running such site. They did not, however they are not supporting me or in contact with me in any way.

The only money I make is a few bucks through advertising on the site, which does not even cover the expenses of running the site, yet.

Best
Jens

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
teamradioshack.us said:
Hi all

I appreciate all your comments.

I would not just delete posts criticizing Lance or the new team. The only thing I would oppose to, would be inproper, hateful or indecent language.

I do believe that we all have the right to say our opinions, as long as we keep a proper tone.

Best
Jens

Sounds good to me. I think most people on this forum enjoy an honest open discussion. However there are a few trolls on this site who try everyones patience, usually with a decidedly biased Pro Lance slant.
I dont know if there is a term but troll fatigue would best describe alot of the attitudes here and the main troll is a big LA fanatic
If you are indeed sincere and welcome an open discussion of facts i am sure a few soles will migrate to your site, but it will probably happen slowly over time. all the best:)

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
Troll Fatigue, ha ha, great term!

Sure I am open to an open discussion, even if people do not agree with Lance and his methods.

I do not want to and can not compete with this big forum, but naturally I would be happy to see much more activity on my new site.

All of you are welcome. All I care about is a proper tone.

Best
Jens

Aug 25, 2009
Visit site
runninboy said:
Sounds good to me. I think most people on this forum enjoy an honest open discussion. However there are a few trolls on this site who try everyones patience, usually with a decidedly biased Pro Lance slant.
I dont know if there is a term but troll fatigue would best describe alot of the attitudes here and the main troll is a big LA fanatic
If you are indeed sincere and welcome an open discussion of facts i am sure a few soles will migrate to your site, but it will probably happen slowly over time. all the best:)

Weird, I've been reading this part of the forum for a couple of weeks and most of what I've read regards LA has been loathing bordering on hatred a fair bit of it pretty trollish especially by one poster. Don't know about the history here but as a newbie reader it reads as a strongly anti site at this point of time - not that there's anything wrong with that, some say hate is good. :D

I'm all for freedom of speech.
If you are doing it out of your own pocket, best of luck.
There are a handful of potential members, here, but you are looking in the wrong spot.
You need to pop into the "Clinic" and put the word to BPC, Scribe and the like.
Don't worry, this Clinic has nothing to do with old folk, just the odd, old die-hard.
Hey! maybe somebody could PM Jackhammer.........no wait, I forgot.:eek:

teamradioshack.us said:
Troll Fatigue, ha ha, great term!

Sure I am open to an open discussion, even if people do not agree with Lance and his methods.

I do not want to and can not compete with this big forum, but naturally I would be happy to see much more activity on my new site.

All of you are welcome. All I care about is a proper tone.

Best
Jens

Welcome Jens,

I too would like to echo the thoughts of others. Whilst there are a few people on this site that are complete and utter trolls, most of us are open minded folk who over time have drawn our own conclusions from evidence, facts, rumours, books, chats and whatever else there is and are open for disscussion and debate on any topic of your liking whether that be on LA or what bike brand is most prestigious or just about anything.

I expect a few members of this forum from both sides of the divide will eventually come over to your forum especially as the shack and next season rolls on. I wish you luck in you endevour at running the website and you should also hang around and post a bit on this forum, you will find that most users are good level-headed people up for a discussion on anything.

Cheers

ggusta said:

How about this: I NEVER liked the guy...

His attitude, since the begining of his career, was the absolute worst. And his treatment of former teammates and Simeoni --now that demonstrated who the real Lance is, not the cancer surviver, not the Tour champion and certainly not his so-called mission to defeat cancer, which is noneother than a cynical and disgusting coopting of the sick to cover-up his doped career and to serve his future political ambitions, but a bully and a mafia-like thug who ruled as overlord of the peleton-- his approach to the sport as exclusively the Tour and, now, all of his utter disconcern for the dignity of a man who should have been hands down the leader of his team at the Tour this year and how he has tried to demonize AC as an unscrupulous and selfish traitor who dared to take matters into his own hands and defy a team which had all but abandoned him, when it should have sacrificed everything to put him in yellow all the way to Paris. :mad:

Exhale! Exhale!:(

TRENDING THREADS