• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Flicker you are a damn joke!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the real world of cycling people don't give a hoot about doping. That is what it is doping. A great tradition of our sport.. In the real world of non fanboys who like to see an American do well in cycling they do not give a hoot either if it is leipheimer zabrinzkie hamilton MY LORD LANCE ARMSTRONG.I have not heard one American badmouth IBAN MAYO PANTINI ULRICH VINO etc People just want to see gladiators on 2 wheels. It is spectacle pure and simple. Same as our sports here baseball and american football. All entertainment. US cyclists could never compete until real coaches like Eddy B. introduced US cyclists to the gear. Leveled the playing field and made it possible for American cyclists to compete against the top European cyclists who wear also on the gear. As far as Papp goes, just another small fish caught up in the burning ring of fire, er drug scandal. Joe is a small fish just let him blog on like the rest of us.

If this post doesn't qualify you as the poster child for head in the sand idiocy, then nothing can.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
If this post doesn't qualify you as the poster child for head in the sand idiocy, then nothing can.

Flicky is here just to troll or try to change the direction of emails away from there original intent and muddy waters but he has become the clown of the clinic along with polish and cobblestoned....3 stooges...i think they are great entertainment. :D

if this is all that can stand up and declare LA is great, well he has already lost the pr war for the fans...:rolleyes:

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I am speaking my viewpoint. Once again most hardcore fans of cycling know the deal about cheating.

It is refreshing that you all want to clean-up the sport.

At this point my thought is that they take the marathon stages out of stage races, limit the distance of the classics, give a first time lifetime suspension for cyclists caught using PEDs including amatuers etc. Also lower the financial incentives,ie.sponsorship money in cycling to remove one of the incentives to dope.

If you have not raced perhaps you do not understand the culture of doping.
Also if you have not raced you do not know how difficult and strenuous and
grueling cycling is. That is why cycling is known as the worlds' toughest sport.

Recreational drug use and addiction is strong in my country. Is it that way where you live? Tell me this, why does a 10 year old smoke cigarettes,smoke marijuana,drink alcohol. My guess is your answer will be the same as cyclists using PEDs.

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
I was a pro cyclist and a clean one...Im 48 now and ride a bike for fun, I`m a smoker...and I drink a little.
Why?..cus I enjoy a smoke and enjoy the odd beer.

Sod all to do with why sportsman use PEDS, never has been, never will be.

You realy are a pathetic reprobate with nothing constructive to say.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Flicky is here just to troll or try to change the direction of emails away from there original intent and muddy waters but he has become the clown of the clinic along with polish and cobblestoned....3 stooges...i think they are great entertainment. :D

if this is all that can stand up and declare LA is great, well he has already lost the pr war for the fans...:rolleyes:

I wouldn't put him in the catagory with the other guys. He posts tongue in cheek most occasions and if your irony meter is on you'll detect his agreement with many points. I need to be reminded that this is just a forum and should be mixed with humor and ferocity and Flick can do that.
But then this thread is probably just a counter-ironic string itself?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Oldman said:
I wouldn't put him in the catagory with the other guys. He posts tongue in cheek most occasions and if your irony meter is on you'll detect his agreement with many points. I need to be reminded that this is just a forum and should be mixed with humor and ferocity and Flick can do that.
But then this thread is probably just a counter-ironic string itself?

what you don't think he is 'Moe' off the 3 stooges :rolleyes:

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I will repeat myself. Shorter stage races. TdF could be say a 10 day race. Start with a TT. 3 flat stages tan a Roulleir route on stage 5. rest day. Easy mountain day. Queen stage next no more than 8000 vertical feet 75 miles. Short TT day 9. Finis Paris sprinters stage. Limit distance to say 650 miles over 10 days.
National teams no commercial sponsors. Lifetime bands for dopers. Nuetral support only. No team cars no radios.

That is how you clean up the sport. All else is grandstanding by the anti-dopers.
Make cycling humane clean and civilized!

flicker said:
I will repeat myself. Shorter stage races. TdF could be say a 10 day race. Start with a TT. 3 flat stages tan a Roulleir route on stage 5. rest day. Easy mountain day. Queen stage next no more than 8000 vertical feet 75 miles. Short TT day 9. Finis Paris sprinters stage. Limit distance to say 650 miles over 10 days.
National teams no commercial sponsors. Lifetime bands for dopers. Nuetral support only. No team cars no radios.

That is how you clean up the sport. All else is grandstanding by the anti-dopers.
Make cycling humane clean and civilized!

Absurd. People dope for 10-second sprints, constantly.

People dope to gain advantage over the competition. Period.

red_flanders said:
Absurd. People dope for 10-second sprints, constantly.
People dope to gain advantage over the competition. Period.

I literally had that exact same point typed, but I said to myself 'what's the point?'
Even Paul Kimmage doesn't think shortening the race is the answer. According to flicker's reasoning, prologues must be the cleanest races on the calendar :rolleyes:

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:

That's what clowns are there for - for your entertainment.
But I prefer to laugh last.
And please go on posting my name everywhere. I'm kind o proud of that, it's kind of Lancefactor to be proud of.

Personally I think flicker is not "false". He is honest and, like me and others, not joining the choir of pure hate here. He sorts things out in the right dimension and has a sense for proportionality.
The main problem I have, are these "false" people who are stucked in their "love" :D with Lance and the fact that their "clean"-attitude , 100% correctness, love, peace and flowers are only underhung.

These who scream the loudest about cleanness and love are the dirtiest and madest of all. Fact. Period. Whatever.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
People like flicker would even find reasons to defend Hitler. To call him idiot is way to soft... :mad:

Thats not very nice and too hard I would say. Lance is not Hitler and flicker is not a Nazi.
You followed Godwin’s law in impressive speed and style. Congrats !

Ullists like FoxxyBrown find every reason to defend Ullrich. :p

They even have an Ullrich-shrine which is dedusted 3 times a day.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:
That's what clowns are there for - for your entertainment.
But I prefer to laugh last.
And please go on posting my name everywhere. I'm kind o proud of that, it's kind of Lancefactor to be proud of.

Personally I think flicker is not "false". He is honest and, like me and others, not joining the choir of pure hate here. He sorts things out in the right dimension and has a sense for proportionality.
The main problem I have, are these "false" people who are stucked in their "love" :D with Lance and the fact that their "clean"-attitude , 100% correctness, love, peace and flowers are only underhung.

These who scream the loudest about cleanness and love are the dirtiest and madest of all. Fact. Period. Whatever.

so here we (with the exception of the 3 stooges) are screaming about the dirt of doping, so i suppose that makes us the cleanest, well it is a clinic:D

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
so here we (with the exception of the 3 stooges) are screaming about the dirt of doping, so i suppose that makes us the cleanest, well it is a clinic:D

Have you ever worked in a clinic or something ? Huahhh. Look at that drugwrack Dr. House and all these drugged and smoking doctors. :D

Someone who does his first step into this certain clinic could perhaaaaaaaaaps come to the conclusion, that usual suspects scream 99% about Lance and everything that ever surrounded him, and take other dopers with kisshand or just don't care that much about them with underhung reasons.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:
Have you ever worked in a clinic or something ? Huahhh. Look at that drugwrack Dr. House and all these drugged and smoking doctors. :D

Someone who does his first step into this certain clinic could perhaaaaaaaaaps come to the conclusion, that usual suspects scream 99% about Lance and everything that ever surrounded him, and take other dopers with kisshand or just don't care that much about them with underhung reasons.

stop reading the lance threads then;) if that is possible for you

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
stop reading the lance threads then;) if that is possible for you

perhaps I can think about the ones where I am not "provocated" or "insulted" without any presence of mine.
But "insult" and "provocation" are extensible terms. Thats what I've learned so far. Can be extended in whatever direction or view. But for sure to my disadvantage. :eek: :D

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:
perhaps I can think about the ones where I am not "provocated" or "insulted" without any presence of mine.
But "insult" and "provocation" are extensible terms. Thats what I've learned so far. Can be extended in whatever direction or view. But for sure to my disadvantage. :eek: :D

Oh shut up about your prosecution dilemma. Either man up, or get out. I'm getting sick and tired of your idea of constant prosecution.

Disclaimer: this statement is not made in any official capacity, nor does it reflect the opinions and general state of mind of the moderating staff of the forum, nor of cyclingnews

flicker said:
Recreational drug use and addiction is strong in my country. Is it that way where you live? Tell me this, why does a 10 year old smoke cigarettes,smoke marijuana,drink alcohol. My guess is your answer will be the same as cyclists using PEDs.

10 year olds smoke and drink so that they can beat their peers in sporting competition?

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Barrus said:
Oh shut up about your prosecution dilemma. Either man up, or get out. I'm getting sick and tired of your idea of constant prosecution.
If you understand "man up" like getting disgusting, lieing, mad and totally respectless - no thank you :D
I don't need that and this is wrong kind of "man up".
If I "man up" in my way then, dear mr.barrus, rule Nr.1, which I once explained to you, comes and came into action immediately.

BTW, how do you explain the fact that this thread "Flicker you are a damn joke!" with some "nice" posts, still exists in a "serious" forum - to a serious person outside of da club of da reeeal men ?

Your afterwards added sentence won't help you much. You will be pushing thru a warning or ban anyway, because I "maned up" in my way, reacted in this insulting and provocating thread and because I reacted in the other thread because of some lies and misinforming statements.

Thats the way it works here, people. :D

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:

BTW, how do you explain the fact that this thread "Flicker you are a damn joke!" with some "nice" posts, still exists in a "serious" forum - to a serious person outside of da club of da reeeal men ?

Probably the same reason the Spartacus Rox " Papp you are a damn joke" thread is still up. Integrity, baby!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.