• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Flipping Bike

May 23, 2010
Visit site
While perusing RBR I saw yet another thread with people extolling the virtues of flipping their bike upside down to change a flat.. I don't carry a frame pump any more but, the campy pump head with the little feet on it without the rubber covers would be perfect to beat one of these people senseless.. Also anyone using the word "hella" in a sentence should be flogged.

That's all...I feel better

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
redtreviso said:
While perusing RBR I saw yet another thread with people extolling the virtues of flipping their bike upside down to change a flat.. I don't carry a frame pump any more but, the campy pump head with the little feet on it without the rubber covers would be perfect to beat one of these people senseless.. Also anyone using the word "hella" in a sentence should be flogged.

That's all...I feel better

Now I can relate to that the old campy pump head I mean.

I was given the elbow near the finish of a very long road race after 12 hours of racing I was vertualy pushed off hitting my knee on a kerb.

I chased in temper and attacked the continental visitor with my pump hitting him on the head neumerous times. No helmets in them days

I was fined 5 pounds for that by the BCF but I was happy to pay it I later found I had fractured my pattella and spent 18 weeks in a splint.

It dont pay to take the law into your own hands but it feels good at the time.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
The first time my wife got a flat in a race she got off and flipped the bike over. The guy from neutral service was laughing so hard it took him even longer to change the wheel.
She did not know and that was always what she did when she got a flat before;)

A

Anonymous

And the Beginner's Corner at that ...................

TRENDING THREADS