• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Florence 2013

Fantastic! I adore Florence, a beautiful city that just oozes history, and plan to have a flat there one day. Great terrain in Tuscany too, they can create a briliant course there. That's my end of season break in 2013 sorted.

May 8, 2009
Visit site
I hoped Ponferrada (Spain) would have won. Great terrain in the proposed course, super hilly. The ITT would have finished in a very hard hill also.

Other time hopefully.

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Sunday, 22.09.2013
Team Time Trial Women / Pistoia - Firenze (36,1 km)
Team Time Trial Men / Montecatini Terme - Firenze (49,6 km)

Monday, 23.09.2013
Men Junior ITT / Firenze Cascine - Firenze Campo di Marte (23,1 km)
Women Elite ITT / Firenze Cascine - Firenze Campo di Marte (21 km)

Tuesday, 24.09.2013
Women Junior ITT / Firenze Cascine - Firenze Campo di Marte (13,6 km)
Men U23 ITT / Pistoia - Firenze (36 km)

Wednesday, 25.09.2013
Men Elite ITT / Montecatini Terme - Firenze (49,6 km)

Friday, 27.09.2013
Men Junior RR / Montecatini - Firenze (130,1 km)
Women Elite RR / Montecatini - Firenze (130,1 km)

Saturday, 28.09.2013
Women Junior RR / Firenze Cascine - Firenze Campo Marte (78 km)
Men U23 RR / Montecatini - Firenze (178,4 km)

Sunday, 29.09.2013
Men Elite RR / Lucca - Firenze (267 km)

The Road Race will start in Lucca, climbs San Baronto and reaches Firenze. The Circuit looks heavy to me. The longer climb goes to Fiesole. The short climb will be this one.

http://sportitalia.com/shownews.aspx?id=16771

http://www.gazzetta.it/gallery/Cicl...13-vedi-tutte-altimetrie-711295113065.shtml#1

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Team Time Trial too? Awesome.

Will guys from the winning TTT team get to wear rainbows for their trade team's TTT's or what?

May 6, 2009
Visit site
What would be the odds on somebody being able to win the TTT, the ITT, and the RR of either male or female? That would be one hell of a treble.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Buffalo Soldier said:
A TTT WC is great. But should't be held that close to the 'normal' WC. This won't be taken serious, i'm afraid.

And who will wear the rainbow jerseys? All the guys of the winning team when they ride TTT in their trade teams?
A bit confusing to me.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
How many TTT are there in the top races? I think it'd be weird seeing 6-9 people on a stage in defferent teams wearing the same jersey (albiet with a different sponsor logo). Still adds another dimension to the WC.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Great news! I love Firenze. My wife and I are going back to Tuscany for our 10th anniversary in 2013 and seeing as our anniversary was two days ago I'm guessing the timing will be just about perfect. Wine, anything on the menu with tartufo in the title, and now WC cycling. Perfect.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
the ttt will be raced in teams not countrys

Interesting.

Still makes the jersey situation odd, though. Does the whole team get to wear rainbows in TTTs all year, or just the six/eight guys that actually took part in the Worlds race?

They should just bring back the old Eindhoven TTT Pro-Tour event.

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
So 2 team events & 13 nation events. In the same week. (where the riders of a country share a hotel, train together, ... not the riders of a team)

Dumb idea. I want to see a nation TTT.

Jerseys are a problem yes. Although it could be fun to count the number of TTT world champions in a TdF TTT :D

Mar 26, 2009
www.ciclismo-espresso.com
Rai showed the route tested by Cassani and there should be 2 climbs; the first one is done with 53 and he said that it's not so hard but you going over it 11 times, make it thought.
The downhill quiet fast and not tricky.
The second one is harder and it get easier in the last 200metres (around 4%) where he thinks the winning escape might take place.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Michele said:
Rai showed the route tested by Cassani and there should be 2 climbs; the first one is done with 53 and he said that it's not so hard but you going over it 11 times, make it thought.
The downhill quiet fast and not tricky.
The second one is harder and it get easier in the last 200metres (around 4%) where he thinks the winning escape might take place.
I haven't ridden the whole course yet, but those who have say it's really hard. The final circuit of 16,1 km will be ridden eleven times. After about 2 km you have the first climb to Fiesole, some 4,5 km long, not very hard, with a maximum slope of 9 %. (profile), on a wide road. Then follows a 3 km technical descent, IIRC, followed by two fast kilometers towards Florence. Suddenly a turn right gets to the muur of Via Salviati, a 600 m steep climb with an average gradient of 12 % and a maximum of 19 % (but I have also heard more than 20). A couple of km of fast descent lead to the final flat 3,5 km.

A kind of profile of the final lap.

TRENDING THREADS