• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Floyd Fairness Fund & Class Action Lawsuit

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
3,853
1
0
Visit site
Floyd Fairness Fund:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRIbmhqSiME

Do you foresee any "Angry Former Floyd FanBoys & Girls" demanding refunds?
Did Floyd have to pay taxes on all those donations?
What kind of stuff was Floyd allowed to buy with all the donations?

You know, it sure does seem that Floyd's Frauds topped Lance's Frauds.

Maybe a very smart and pre-emptive move by Floyd to accuse Lance and take the heat off himself?

What factors must be present to start a class action lawsuit?

Numerosity - adequate number of plaintiffs
Commonality - common damages and legal issues
Typicality - each class member's claim must come from the same event, and must make the same legal argument
Adequacy of Representation - the representative plaintiff will adequately protect and represent the interest of the class
Viability of Defendant - although it is not a requirement of the court, it is reasonable to assume that if the accused does not have the means to compensate for the alleged damages and legal costs, it would be difficult to entice a law firm to represent the class.
http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/faq.html
 

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
3,853
1
0
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Cool, I call dibs on the couch he is sleeping on


ugly_88.jpg
 
Feb 21, 2010
1,007
0
0
Visit site
As a Federal Whistleblower, Landis could stand to gain from a certain percentage of recovered funds, should the govt prove their case.

I guess the pragmatic thing to do would be to get your paperwork in order and wait it out.

Should you get a summary judgement, you'd be near the front of the line in case there are funds available to be got.

BTW, how much did you "donate"? Or are you speaking for someone else (as it seems is typical for you)?
 

MarkGreen0

BANNED
May 28, 2010
110
0
0
Visit site
The amazing thing is how successful he has been at diverting so much attention away from his own quite extraordinary fraud by going after Armstrong. He's got Michael Ashenden doing PR for him pretending he has just discovered microdosing, and long time haters on the web are saying they want to get 'I heart Floyd' T shirts made up. His remarks that he is not ashamed of doping hasn't really registered much in many part of the anti doping community.

You have to hand it to Landis and say his damage limitation has been pretty good here. At least to begin with. How that will pan out remains to be seen.
 

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
3,853
1
0
Visit site
bold added by me...
MarkGreen0 said:
The amazing thing is how successful he has been at diverting so much attention away from his own quite extraordinary fraud by going after Armstrong. He's got Michael Ashenden doing PR for him pretending he has just discovered microdosing, and long time haters on the web are saying they want to get 'I heart Floyd' T shirts made up. His remarks that he is not ashamed of doping hasn't really registered much in many part of the anti doping community.

You have to hand it to Landis and say his damage limitation has been pretty good here. At least to begin with. How that will pan out remains to be seen.

Great points - that is what I was trying to get at by saying "a smart pre-emptive strike" by Floyd. If it was pre-meditated, Bravo Floyd!

Floyd defrauding fanboys and fangirls for $500,000 is SO much worse than donating $500,000 to the UCI. And donating to the UCI is not something the FDA should even CARE about. And the FDA should not CARE that SCA thinks, mistakenly, that Lance did not win the 2004 TdF. Try to prove that Lance did not win the 2004 TdF lol.

Heck, I still think Floyd won in 2006. The AFLD/Lab still needs to apoligize for that on. Or sue Floyd for libel/slander.
 

MarkGreen0

BANNED
May 28, 2010
110
0
0
Visit site
The nastiness of grassing someone else up only because you couldn't get away with it (not through want of trying) is what sticks at me about the whole thing.

I mean, who would do that?
 
Jun 16, 2009
3,035
0
0
Visit site
MarkGreen0 said:
The nastiness of grassing someone else up only because you couldn't get away with it (not through want of trying) is what sticks at me about the whole thing.

I mean, who would do that?

True but strange though isn't it? - If you omit the "only" from that post, isn't what remains the exact behaviour that everyone wants from riders? Aren't we still disappointed in the likes of Millar, Kohl, Ricco, Vino, etc precisely because they all failed to provide names and places to investigators when they were caught?
 

MarkGreen0

BANNED
May 28, 2010
110
0
0
Visit site
Martin318is said:
True but strange though isn't it? - If you omit the "only" from that post, isn't what remains the exact behaviour that everyone wants from riders? Aren't we still disappointed in the likes of Millar, Kohl, Ricco, Vino, etc precisely because they all failed to provide names and places to investigators when they were caught?

Not four years later and about issues unrelated to the doping when they got caught. Then it just looks like a big scam to get you off the hook.

Don't get me wrong. In real life I think this 'no snitching' crap where a rival gang can blow your friends head off but you're still not supposed to tell the cops who did it, is obviously completely insane. Nobody supports that. But this is a sport - a game - and everyone knew what they were playing at. To me this is the same deal as when I was caught smoking behind the bike sheds at school and the teacher later tried to get me to write down all the names of the other kids who smoke. It's a no brainer - you just don't do it. There's got to be some honour here, surely? I think a lot of ordinary people out there who aren't obsessed with this case would agree with me on that.
 
Aug 13, 2009
12,855
1
0
Visit site
MarkGreen0 said:
. But this is a sport - a game - and everyone knew what they were playing at. To me this is the same deal as when I was caught smoking behind the bike sheds at school and the teacher later tried to get me to write down all the names of the other kids who smoke. It's a no brainer - you just don't do it. There's got to be some honour here, surely? I think a lot of ordinary people out there who aren't obsessed with this case would agree with me on that.

You must have been very upset when Armstrong wrote a letter to the ASO, UCI, and WADA warning them that the Spanish riders were using synthetic hemoglobin?
 
MarkGreen0 said:
Not four years later and about issues unrelated to the doping when they got caught. Then it just looks like a big scam to get you off the hook.

Don't get me wrong. In real life I think this 'no snitching' crap where a rival gang can blow your friends head off but you're still not supposed to tell the cops who did it, is obviously completely insane. Nobody supports that. But this is a sport - a game - and everyone knew what they were playing at. To me this is the same deal as when I was caught smoking behind the bike sheds at school and the teacher later tried to get me to write down all the names of the other kids who smoke. It's a no brainer - you just don't do it. There's got to be some honour here, surely? I think a lot of ordinary people out there who aren't obsessed with this case would agree with me on that.

Ah yes the schoolyard is where you start to learn about omerta.
 
Mar 19, 2009
832
0
0
Visit site
Race Radio said:
You must have been very upset when Armstrong wrote a letter to the ASO, UCI, and WADA warning them that the Spanish riders were using synthetic hemoglobin?
Was that after Mayo pounded him in the 2004 Dauphine Ventoux TT?
 
Jun 16, 2009
3,035
0
0
Visit site
Publicus said:
Please explain how giving up folks after his suspension has ended is somehow a scam to get him off the hook.

The info would have been WAY more useful right at the time it happened rather than more than 4 years later - and he did of course use other means to try to get himself off the hook...

But in a really strange way this last fortnight is somehow (go with me on this) more honorable precisely because he didn't go public while he was suspended - he waited until it wouldn't do anything to help him.
 
Feb 21, 2010
1,007
0
0
Visit site
Martin318is said:
The info would have been WAY more useful right at the time it happened rather than more than 4 years later - and he did of course use other means to try to get himself off the hook...

But in a really strange way this last fortnight is somehow (go with me on this) more honorable precisely because he didn't go public while he was suspended - he waited until it wouldn't do anything to help him.

This is why it is so hard for the fan boys to deal with.

Landis has nothing to gain, nothing to lose.

It is what it is: the truth.
 

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
3,853
1
0
Visit site
Race Radio said:
You must have been very upset when Armstrong wrote a letter to the ASO, UCI, and WADA warning them that the Spanish riders were using synthetic hemoglobin?

Lance did not name names, but he warned the proper authorities of shenanigans as they were happening.

What Lance did should be The Model for Omerta Breaking.
What Floyd did was shameful:(
 
Martin318is said:
The info would have been WAY more useful right at the time it happened rather than more than 4 years later - and he did of course use other means to try to get himself off the hook...

But in a really strange way this last fortnight is somehow (go with me on this) more honorable precisely because he didn't go public while he was suspended - he waited until it wouldn't do anything to help him.

I would argue that the information is way more useful right now. If he had gone public 4 years ago, he would have been accused of saying anything to get a reduced suspension. So far as I can tell, there is nothing on the table. He's just giving up the goods.

Saying all of that, we are basically in agreement.
 
Jun 16, 2009
3,035
0
0
Visit site
Publicus said:
I would argue that the information is way more useful right now. If he had gone public 4 years ago, he would have been accused of saying anything to get a reduced suspension. So far as I can tell, there is nothing on the table. He's just giving up the goods.

Saying all of that, we are basically in agreement.

yep - I was meaning volunteering info at the time it happened - not later when he was caught - so we definitely agee. :D
 
Aug 6, 2009
1,901
1
0
Visit site
Polish said:
Maybe a very smart and pre-emptive move by Floyd to accuse Lance and take the heat off himself?
What on Earth are you talking about? No one was even considering a lawsuit until Landis fessed up. If that is a pre-emptive strike then smashing yourself in the face is a great way to pre-empt a doctors visit.
 
Apr 5, 2010
82
0
0
Visit site
Poe-loc,

You mean pre-emptive as in the way l'asss pre-Emptively sued Mike Anderson under the guise of avoiding litigation while telling him that he wanted an amicable ending?

Your rallying against the truth, attempts to deflect the train of where this will all end up, and the inevitable downfall of your idol/employer/colleagues/money behind the l'aass circle will prove to be futile. I can't wait until Novitsky has a van load of testimony against the l'asss machine and we find out about all the people that are talking like tweety birds. Very few are going to be willing to do time to further the cover up. The fed's file is thickening 5 times as fast as your propaganda is being disseminated. Your idol has treated a lot of people very badly and that sort of thing always comes back to bite one in the l'aasssssss.
 
Aug 13, 2009
12,855
1
0
Visit site
Polish said:
Lance did not name names, but he warned the proper authorities of shenanigans as they were happening.

What Lance did should be The Model for Omerta Breaking.
What Floyd did was shameful:(

Flandis followed that model.

He met with USA cycling and gave them a bunch of information about doping in cycling, methods being used, and how to catch dopers. USA Cycling response? Nothing, they ignored him. He asked what was up and they said they needed more info, they needed names......so Landis wrote the confidential email. USA Cycling again did nothing. Wonder why?
http://www.sfweekly.com/2005-09-07/news/tour-de-farce/full