• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Floyd Fairness Fund & Class Action Lawsuit

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Freedom of speech

Landis is entitled to say what happened to him. People can publically ignore the information he provides, denounce his character, call him names because he has little authority. He's only meant to be a pawn among giants. His best recourse now is to give accurate information about his experiences. Society doesn't really like people who tell the truth- its more concerned with maintaining the status quo. They'd rather not hear that he cheated his way to a Tour win, but its what happened and thats a bitter pill.

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
70kmph said:
Freedom of speech

Landis is entitled to say what happened to him. People can publically ignore the information he provides, denounce his character, call him names because he has little authority. He's only meant to be a pawn among giants. His best recourse now is to give accurate information about his experiences. Society doesn't really like people who tell the truth- its more concerned with maintaining the status quo. They'd rather not hear that he cheated his way to a Tour win, but its what happened and thats a bitter pill.

In this game, I would rate Landis a bit higher than pawn. Knight, Rook perhaps but not a simple pawn.

70kmph said:
Freedom of speech

Poor, poor Landis..............

he dopes.........get's caught and now is one sad bitter man............

guess what...........everyone of the top guys dopes.........
Landis just wasn't smart enough to not get caught

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Wheels Go Round and Round said:
Poor, poor Landis..............

he dopes.........get's caught and now is one sad bitter man............

guess what...........everyone of the top guys dopes.........
Landis just wasn't smart enough to not get caught

I do not necessarily think he was caught because he was not smart. it could have been a very small error, or even no error on his part, as I hold out some opinion that the lab simply botched their way to his positive test result.

For one to develop a doping program that eludes the "so-called" experts for many years, enough to win the TdF, does not imply a lack of "smarts".

Perhaps this is why he fought so hard?

Has anyone since Floyd ever posted all of his positive test results in the public domain? Or requested a public hearing? Not in my recollection. In doing so, he took huge risks and, while they did not pay off, were not the doings of an un-smart fellow. To me, they were calculated risks, and to have won his dispute, would have had very large upside.

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
As always, few people have addressed the OP question and many immediately turned the discussion to Lance Armstrong. (OOOH bright shiny object!).

What, if any recourse to the people who donated to his legal defence fund now that Floyd himself has revealed that he was dishonest through the whole thing? Can Floyd be charged with fraud? I'm not a lawyer, but I suppose if someone wanted to push the issue, Floyd could be charged with various crimes of fraud and perjury. Personally, if I had donated money to Floyd, I'd be pretty ****ed, but would assume the money is down the toilet.

Colm.Murphy said:
I do not necessarily think he was caught because he was not smart. it could have been a very small error, or even no error on his part, as I hold out some opinion that the lab simply botched their way to his positive test result.

For one to develop a doping program that eludes the "so-called" experts for many years, enough to win the TdF, does not imply a lack of "smarts".

Has anyone since Floyd ever posted all of his positive test results in the public domain? Or requested a public hearing? Not in my recollection. In doing so, he took huge risks and, while they did not pay off, were not the doings of an un-smart fellow. To me, they were calculated risks, and to have won his dispute, would have had very large upside.

Have yet to read a convincing, conclusive explanation for what happened concerning stg17...

With all of Floyd's previous experiences using PED its unusual that he was only detected once out of many years and many variations of differing substances- he knew how to go undetected. What's strange is it happened after he changed teams, as it did to so many others Hamilton, Heras etc and nearly all the other elite riders were caught except for a few. He provides shocking answers as to the why

A

Anonymous

9000ft said:
As always, few people have addressed the OP question and many immediately turned the discussion to Lance Armstrong. (OOOH bright shiny object!).

Um, I just read through, and that is a gross misrepresentation of the discussion for one. Another point is that YOU mentioned his name also. And thirdly, the OP got into the Armstrong discussion, which if you are familiar with his posting, is par for the course. He was not asking an honest question with his original post. Somehow you missed that?

9000ft said:

What, if any recourse to the people who donated to his legal defence fund now that Floyd himself has revealed that he was dishonest through the whole thing? Can Floyd be charged with fraud? I'm not a lawyer, but I suppose if someone wanted to push the issue, Floyd could be charged with various crimes of fraud and perjury. Personally, if I had donated money to Floyd, I'd be pretty ****ed, but would assume the money is down the toilet.

Only because he lost his case. If he had won these exact same people would be vindicated according to a false verdict. They should be pleased the outcome was correct and move on since they only have themselves to blame for betting on the wrong horse and not backing the laboratory.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Um, I just read through, and that is a gross misrepresentation of the discussion for one. Another point is that YOU mentioned his name also. And thirdly, the OP got into the Armstrong discussion, which if you are familiar with his posting, is par for the course. He was not asking an honest question with his original post. Somehow you missed that?

What part of my OP was not honest?

You have to realize that I am a simple Floyd FanBoy going through the "5 Stages of Grief".

I've moved past "Denial" and now on step 2 "Anger" GRRRRR.

Will work my way to step 5 "Acceptance"...give me time.

Reaching step 5 with Lance took me a few months LOL.

I will be a Floyd FanBoy again someday:)

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Colm.Murphy said:

Well said.

A

Anonymous

Polish said:
Floyd defrauding fanboys and fangirls for $500,000 is SO much worse than donating $500,000 to the UCI. .

If floyd defrauded people by them paying into his fairness fund when he was in fact a doper, then what do you have to say about every book armstrong has sold on the back of being a clean tour de france winner, every copy of its not about the bike, every dvd of lances great wins, every tshirt, every bag, every hat, every us postal shirt, or shorts that were sold, every subscription to his website for people who want to get fit "clean" just like lance, every mellow johnnys shirt, every bike hes sold, or part in the shop, every tv subscription people have paid for purely to see lance, every air fare, hotel bill, that thousands of americans splashed out going to see him in paris, or in dauphine, or the giro, the million dollars the tour down under gave lance just to appear..

FLoyd defrauded people who where niave to beleive he was really innocent.. Lance has defrauded millions of fans over the last ten years..

You really are grasping at straws..

tell you what, maybe i should sue lance for hotel accomadation and travel in paris in 2002, and 2003.. as if its proved he dopes I did not get the see the final stage of the tour i deserved.

MarkGreen0

BANNED
May 28, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
If floyd defrauded people by them paying into his fairness fund when he was in fact a doper, then what do you have to say about every book armstrong has sold on the back of being a clean tour de france winner, every copy of its not about the bike.

Armstrong devoted one sentence of the entire book, Not about the Bike, to saying he was not interested in doping. That in itself was rather telling. The previous sentence, as I recall, appeared to defend doping by comparing it to nuclear weapons. Also rather telling.

So two sentences in the whole book about doping, and one of them was a defence of doping. I don't think you can really compare that to what Floyd has done here.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Ok - this is not a 'Floyd' thread this is a 'Polish' thread, therefore the questions can only be resolved in 'Polish' speak.

Floyd is LYING.

Therefore when he says he was doping it is untrue, LOL.

Which means Floyd is INNOCENT, 1 zillion%.

There should be a Floyd Fairness Fund 2.0 so Floyd can in fact bring a case against Floyd for damaging his good name and reputation.

INNOCENT like Lance & Levi.

If people sue Floyd because Floyd said he doped, then Floyd can sue people who are suing him because he is INNOCENT, yes Floyd wins!!!

Here are some videos of cats that are completely unrelated to Floyd in any way.

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Ok - this is not a 'Floyd' thread this is a 'Polish' thread, therefore the questions can only be resolved in 'Polish' speak.

Floyd is LYING.

Therefore when he says he was doping it is untrue, LOL.

Which means Floyd is INNOCENT, 1 zillion%.

There should be a Floyd Fairness Fund 2.0 so Floyd can in fact bring a case against Floyd for damaging his good name and reputation.

INNOCENT like Lance & Levi.

If people sue Floyd because Floyd said he doped, then Floyd can sue people who are suing him because he is INNOCENT, yes Floyd wins!!!

Here are some videos of cats that are completely unrelated to Floyd in any way.

Hmm.... Dr. , you have a fine understanding of 'Polish' Sockpuppeting much ;):rolleyes:

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
If floyd defrauded people by them paying into his fairness fund when he was in fact a doper, then what do you have to say about every book armstrong has sold on the back of being a clean tour de france winner, every copy of its not about the bike, every dvd of lances great wins, every tshirt, every bag, every hat, every us postal shirt, or shorts that were sold, every subscription to his website for people who want to get fit "clean" just like lance, every mellow johnnys shirt, every bike hes sold, or part in the shop, every tv subscription people have paid for purely to see lance, every air fare, hotel bill, that thousands of americans splashed out going to see him in paris, or in dauphine, or the giro, the million dollars the tour down under gave lance just to appear..

FLoyd defrauded people who where niave to beleive he was really innocent.. Lance has defrauded millions of fans over the last ten years..

You really are grasping at straws..

tell you what, maybe i should sue lance for hotel accomadation and travel in paris in 2002, and 2003.. as if its proved he dopes I did not get the see the final stage of the tour i deserved.

I know you hate Lance. Happy for you. I believe Floyds' 06 tour was taken for a stooge by the French. He doped no more or less than anyone else.
I donated to his defense. Since Floyd fought and lost, hacked computers,lied threatened LeMond and contrived(he is cute when he lies though) and then expected to be taken on a good pro team and race in the tour of california, the best I can say about Floyd is he is nuts. Not entertaining anymore. He has reaped what he as sown. At this point I do not care what Floyd says.