• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Floyd Fairness Fund II

TubularBills said:
He's one of us now.

Well, Floyd fanboys supported him when he cheated to win the Tour de France.

I suppose his fanboys should support him if he's prosecuted for the cheating associated with Floyd Fairness Fund I.

The rallying cry will doubtless be "If Lance can commit crimes, Floyd should be able to commit crimes too!!"

MarkvW said:
Well, Floyd fanboys supported him when he cheated to win the Tour de France.

I suppose his fanboys should support him if he's prosecuted for the cheating associated with Floyd Fairness Fund I.

The rallying cry will doubtless be "If Lance can commit crimes, Floyd should be able to commit crimes too!!"

I was alluding to the point that for his retirement package he brought down LA.

“As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.”

He precipitated this whole movie.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
TubularBills said:

You mean he rolled the dice, no way was it a done deal and its still in the courts, well till tomorrow maybe.

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
TubularBills said:

IF Armstrong goes down spectacularly and completely this whole thing would indeed make for an amazing movie, in the hands of the right director and cast.

Act 1: Lance, the hero, "rises from the ashes of cancer" to reach the top of the sporting heap story and become an inspiration to millions.
Act 2: Floyd, the anti-hero, from humble Amish beginnings to the top of the same sporting heap, before flying off the precipice in a spectacular fall to the very bottom of the cliff.
Act 3: Chronicling the alternate tangling/disentangling of the threads of their individual stories, until those threads ultimately grip each other like two snakes fighting to the death. Ultimately the one-time servant prevails over the one-time master.
Act 4: The epilogue, where Floyd digs himself out of the rubble of his fall from grace, while Lance's rise to the top ultimately ends with his own epic fall into the very depths of hell.

You could almost take this plot out of a Norse legend, or epic Greek poem (no Armstrong-Oedipus jokes please...).

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
silverrocket said:
IF Armstrong goes down spectacularly and completely this whole thing would indeed make for an amazing movie, in the hands of the right director and cast.

Act 1: Lance, the hero, "rises from the ashes of cancer" to reach the top of the sporting heap story and become an inspiration to millions.
Act 2: Floyd, the anti-hero, from humble Amish beginnings to the top of the same sporting heap, before flying off the precipice in a spectacular fall to the very bottom of the cliff.
Act 3: Chronicling the alternate tangling/disentangling of the threads of their individual stories, until those threads ultimately grip each other like two snakes fighting to the death. Ultimately the one-time servant prevails over the one-time master.
Act 4: The epilogue, where Floyd digs himself out of the rubble of his fall from grace, while Lance's rise to the top ultimately ends with his own epic fall into the very depths of hell.

You could almost take this plot out of a Norse legend, or epic Greek poem (no Armstrong-Oedipus jokes please...).

+1 Nicely put.

I hardly ever donate to anything.
I believe Floyd when he denied. I was ****ed to find out the thruth. Now I would donate to his new fund. He's done more good for sports in general, than he has contributed to the bad. He needs to stay afloat now, for all our sakes. I won't fund his NASCAR ambitions, but if he's in trouble, I'm here to do my share. He's the only doper I'd ever offer my couch should he be on a low-budget tour of sorts. And I have. You also should. The guy deserves support now.
I am still hung on the testosterone thing though. Suspect his blood logistics crew, they are a bit too cozy with Lance for comfort.

TRENDING THREADS