• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Floyd Fingers Alberto's Personal Trainer

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Disprin

BANNED
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
python said:
have you seen much of my posting ? may be you have and that's fine but you haven't that seems like you're a talking head talking to himself.

Maybe I took your avatar the wrong way. I thought you were a big Armstrong critic who suddenly balks when circumstantial evidence is raised about another TdF winner. But maybe you speak out against all circumstantial evidence against riders, including LA, so are not a hypocrite?

flicker said:
Somehow I would prefer Landis and LeMond to show by example, what they have seen and done during their carreers.

Isn't that what Landis has apparently done -- send private emails to the authorities, and get interviewed at length by the investigators, and done relatively few (3 or 4 total) interviews? The emails themselves only became public by leak, not by his trumpeting. He hasn't said a peep in months.

On this thread in particular, I've got nothing against Polish pointing out that Pepe has been fingered -- he was. I'm surprised it hadn't be noticed and pounce on before or during the Tour. Could the powers be protecting AC now that they have moved on?

It's not just about Armstrong and Postal.

-dB

Disprin

BANNED
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
Polish never comes right out and posts anything of real substance. I think he might be a lawyer in real life. Mostly he just beats around the bush while polishing Lance's ball.

So that was not a quote from Polish?

Huh?

fatandfast said:
This is not true. Landis has no credibility and no money....

Get some discipline about this, please. At some point, some facts may surface to prove/disprove Landis' allegations. Until then, demonizing the guy serves no purpose.

IMHO, it is worth repeating Bloomberg takes Landis' allegation that mentioned no names, then identifies Moral as the lead doctor, then asks him for a statement.

1. NO ONE at this level is ever going to admit illegal activity to the press.
2. We really don't know the intricate details of the likely doping regime. As the Creed article points out, they didn't give him a form to fill out. That means Moral and his staff may have enough deniability. Maybe it was the non-medical staff doing the supplying? A known example of this is Carmichael and Wenzel were administering the dope to kids here in the U.S. No M.D.'s.
3. Moral takes a personal dig at Landis. He's obviously attempting to maintain a reputation. There's not enough information to know what role he was in at USPS.

IMHO, it's not credible to think Public Strategies comes out ahead on this story either.

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
Disprin said:
Did Polish say this? I can't seem to find it.

Because you don't want to, LOL. ;)

Get some history, some context, you know y'all. That's what we're discuss'in here....

-----------------------------------------------------

But on the substance of Polish's point (barring the Public Strategies folks' hypocrisy on Flandis vs. Lance), the following is bizarre:

"Marti worked with Tour de France champion Alberto Contador on the Astana team this year and is likely to switch with him to the Saxo Bank team next year, Contador’s spokesman Jacinto Vidarte said. "

Why? Customized allergy treatment??? Really and truly. If this doesn't raise red flags, I don't know what will.

If you need a doctor, you need a doctor. Most are quite good at doing the generic things doctors do (IF legal). It's not like a two year old: "I want my favourite blanket....I want my favourite doctor....I want my favourite doctor".

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Disprin said:
Maybe I took your avatar the wrong way. I thought you were a big Armstrong critic who suddenly balks when circumstantial evidence is raised about another TdF winner. But maybe you speak out against all circumstantial evidence against riders, including LA, so are not a hypocrite?

may be you are a hypocrite or a talking head or may be you are both but it seem fair
to notice it's not a may be that you tend to score cheap shots at posters rather than discussing content of their posts. but may be you are neither a talking head nor a hypocrite but just a clueless fanboy.

may be not ?

flicker said:
These guys need to tell the whole truth verdad? That hs been my issue with LeMond and Landis on the forums. They have expected Lance to do the job. Somehow I would prefer Landis and LeMond to show by example, what they have seen and done during their carreers. That I would respect. Landis has nothing to lose3 and LeMond my guess he does have something to lose. They have chosen to blow the trumpets let them blow!

I can not refute anything the you have said, because as usual I have no idea what you are trying to say.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
I can not refute anything the you have said, because as usual I have no idea what you are trying to say.

If the shoe fits wear it. LeMond and Floyd come clean about what they have seen and done PED wise cycling will be on its way to cleaning up.
Fingering Contador is a baby step towards cleanliness.
It ain't just about Lance and USPS.

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
go away on vacation and come back to see that flickr and polish are still implying that LeMond doped. Deflection time once again.

But one thing that flickr said that is correct is that it isn't just about Lance and USPS. It's also about Weisel.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Disprin said:

Nice to see, isn´t it ? :D
Dopingthreads about other riders are immediately invaded by the haters, to change the topic and target as soon as possible.
Alberto ? Yes of course he is "dirty" and a fraud, but was
well protected by his country. He would have been stupid if he didn´t take advantage of that.
I will never expect from him to say "now you got me!", because of every single doping accusation like that from LeMond. Funny wrong calculation and logics (Alberto has to proof that he is clean now, because of our calulation) was that. :)
Perhaps he will have luck and come out "clean" out of his career - perhaps not.

Won´t change the fact that we all know whats going on.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Disprin said:

You need to check out his comments on many other threads here - in particular the Valverde threads.

He is not one of these people who only talks about one athlete - like BPC used to do ;)

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
If the shoe fits wear it. LeMond and Floyd come clean about what they have seen and done PED wise cycling will be on its way to cleaning up.
Fingering Contador is a baby step towards cleanliness.
It ain't just about Lance and USPS.

I think most real fans have seen this a long time ago, and hope for this to be the case. It is more that due to the media it seems mostly focused on Lance. And for a lot of people if Lance goes down in a burning wreck this would be a good thing for one of two, or for some both, points. Firstly it shows that no-one is bigger than the sport and if Lance goes it perhaps will give of a good warning/message. And the second one is, that they dislike Lance, either due to the cancer-stuff he does or because of his behaviour around the bike.

My own, probably idle, hope is for a major chance in the UCI and the banning from the sport of a great deal of DS's, managers, trainers and doctors, because these people are the real problem in the sport, and ensure the perpetuation of the problem

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
this_is_edie said:
go away on vacation and come back to see that flickr and polish are still implying that LeMond doped. Deflection time once again.

But one thing that flickr said that is correct is that it isn't just about Lance and USPS. It's also about Weisel.

Interesting how Floyd and his henchman brought up personal issues before Greg went up to testify against Floyd.
I heard way to much about Greg at that time. I am sorry he was abused. I want to hear from Greg was when he discovered that cyclists doped, what he considers dope, if his team doped or he ever doped. After that I would love to hear all Greg has to say. Four fingers point at me when I point at someone else. If Greg is not a hypocrite I am sorry to everyone.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Squares said:
OK, count me as confused...

I know you guys think Lance Armstrong is the anti-christ and probably has a 666 tatoo somewhere. Perhaps you think he wasn't even was born in Texas but really was born somwhere in Africa and has not shown his long form birth certificate...

But

It seems like you only care about hating Lance and are perfectly prepared to dismiss any links/implications of doping by Alberto Contador that come from FLandis because your target is Lance.
Do I have that correct?

I personally think that if Landis' story is holds up and corroborating evidence is found to back it up, then we should see the stripping of a bunch of Tour de France titles since the 2003 title (given that the 2002 in now past the 8 year statute of limitations). Lances 2003-2005 and Contadors 2007 and 2009 could/should go as well.

No - you are not correct.

The reason for your confusion is stated in the highlighted comments.
Your assumption is that anyone who thinks LA doped must hate him, or the target is just Lance - that describes your view, not most people on the forum.

Whats the difference between Pepe and Ferrari?
There isn't half a dozen people saying Pepe is 'only' an excellent coach, never found guilty, only checks body fat etc.

May 8, 2009
Visit site
Sorry if this has been addressed before, but I just can't let it go. Can we just stop with the whole ___________ "fingered" _____________. My juvenile mind can't handle it. Lets try "implicated", "identified" or something.

Squares said:
It seems like you only care about hating Lance and are perfectly prepared to dismiss any links/implications of doping by Alberto Contador that come from FLandis because your target is Lance.

Do I have that correct?

Contador has never tested positive.

He's the most tested athlete on Earth.

You're just a hater. :p:p

Squares said:
I personally think that if Landis' story is holds up and corroborating evidence is found to back it up, then we should see the stripping of a bunch of Tour de France titles since the 2003 title (given that the 2002 in now past the 8 year statute of limitations). Lances 2003-2005 and Contadors 2007 and 2009 could/should go as well.

Contador will never be implicated. He's helped too many people and has done too much for cycling.

It's Floyd's word against Contador's, and I like Alberto's word. :eek::eek:

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
If we're going to clean things up... then I hope that it is a widespread purge.

I've said before, I'm nationalistic enough that I'd be a bit irked if JUST USA cycling goes down but nothing spreads to other areas. Perhaps it's bias... but I'm relatively confident that things aren't any cleaner in Spain and Italy compared to the US (just like they weren't cleaner elsewhere when France got hit in the Festina affair).

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
python said:
i don't think that's a big news. the issue is whether the blomberg article explicitly named marti as the ped suplier. it did not.

no that's 1+innuendo=1+ innuendo.

and i'll be the least surprised if marti is squicky clean but we need harder evidence.
i believe landis when i saw corroborative evidence and i don't when he sounds suspicious. i never take him for black or white and therefore you'll not see me criticizing or supporting him. i discuss only what he said.

Floyd said in an e-mail that "he bought HGH from Pepe Marti"
My OP said "Floyd said in an e-mail that he bought HGH from Pepe Martin"
The Boomberg article says he bought HGH from Pepe.

Python, if you do not want to believe that Floyd bought HGH from Pepe Marti, that is fine. Probably a wise move. Floyd does make conflicting statments quite often.

What I found interesting about the Bloomberg article is the response from alberto's spokesperson Jacinto Vidarte: "Marti is “not going to make any comment”

Why did he not say "what Pepe did at Postal has nothing to do with his current dealings with Alberto."

BTW, does Pepe have an Exclusive Relationship with Alberto, or is Pepe free to work with other cyclists?

Seems he would have a lot of time on his hands between August to February.

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
From what I read, Landis did not implicate Contador. Rather, he implicated Contador's trainer.

Landis is making so much noise and casting aspersions in so many directions that I am beginning to fear for his safety. The Kazakstani (sp?) mafia is not an organization I would want to have as enemies.

I am looking forward to a day when we can end the discussion of PED's and have the media attention for cycling to be 100% about racing. It may never happen, but I am a hopless optomist.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Dammit, Beavis!

JayZee said:
Sorry if this has been addressed before, but I just can't let it go. Can we just stop with the whole ___________ "fingered" _____________. My juvenile mind can't handle it. Lets try "implicated", "identified" or something.

Huh huh huh

He said "fingered."

Huh huh huh

Hugh Januss said:

That's OK. Neither does Flicker.
Fun thread, guys. A good laugh.
Can't see Pepe or Bertie turning up for the Grand Jury.
The Feds could issue an arrest warrant, Like the French put out
on Arnie and Floyd.
Remind me, how did that turn out again?

More deflection than than a blind golfer's slice.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I have many concerns about this new Floyd implication. #1 When I told my wife something good happened with Floyd today her immediate reaction was "Did they sucher his lips together.#2 I told her Floyd spoke about Contador doping, she said"Do you think Alberto can man up?" I said no considering wheelgate, not getting rides to stage, whining about Lance and Bruyneels meaness, public apologies to Andy Schleck on You Tube. I mean really Floyd, Alberto has a fragile or should I say delicate psyicology, which needs to be nurtured and pampered. I mean really Floyd can you have the decency to break the news gently. You are not dealingn with Lance who is LIVESTRONG. Really Floyd, really.
Are the Kazak mafia as tough as the Russian Mafia in the movie Eastern Promises.? Or the Gommarah like Mafia?

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:
I have many concerns about this new Floyd implication. #1 When I told my wife something good happened with Floyd today her immediate reaction was "Did they sucher his lips together.#2 I told her Floyd spoke about Contador doping, she said"Do you think Alberto can man up?" I said no considering wheelgate, not getting rides to stage, whining about Lance and Bruyneels meaness, public apologies to Andy Schleck on You Tube. I mean really Floyd, Alberto has a fragile or should I say delicate psyicology, which needs to be nurtured and pampered. I mean really Floyd can you have the decency to break the news gently. You are not dealingn with Lance who is LIVESTRONG. Really Floyd, really.
Are the Kazak mafia as tough as the Russian Mafia in the movie Eastern Promises.? Or the Gommarah like Mafia?

The local Hungarians and Russians say worse. No subtlety.