• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Floyd Fingers Alberto's Personal Trainer

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
dbrower said:
Now that Bert is signed to Saxo, wouldn't it be the Danish mafia? Why would the Kazakh's care any more?

puzzled,
-dB

What is the name for Omerta in 'Danish'........ exactly. (RedHeadDane knows, but she will never tell)

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
dbrower said:
Now that Bert is signed to Saxo, wouldn't it be the Danish mafia? Why would the Kazakh's care any more?

puzzled,
-dB

The times they are a changin. Bertos got a nice clean home to live in under
Riis. The answer is blowin in the wind.

A

Anonymous

fatandfast said:
This is not true. Landis has no credibility and no money. Connecting himself with good and accomplished racers saves a place for him at the table. Now he will be interviewed about what he knows about Alberto. He wasted everybody's time and money when he claimed he was wronged for years. Now in his new role as muckraker he has to play catch up so that he can find a new way to make money from his exploits before nobody cares about his story. What better way for the king of six degrees..now he has dirt on Alberto. People will soon be afraid even to be in the same state as flaky Floyd..all he needs is to bump into you at an event or Starbucks and let the weave begin..god forbid share a car ride with the clown...I was getting a ride and I saw needles in the glove box..Lance asked me to hold the steering wheel while he shot up. The only good thing is that after throwing mud in every direction I hope somebody is able to sue Floyd for whatever money he will earn mowing lawns or whatever his future holds

You need to change your name to

May 8, 2009
Visit site
Pepe Marti is a personal fitness trainer. The Landis accusations refer to a "team trainer". There were more than one and with more obvious connections to PEDs (Ferrari for example).

Probably Contador is a doper, but why pointing to a low level fitness trainer instead of the different medical doctors with knowledge and access to drugs?? It is out of my understanding unless the aim is to divert attention from what Landis really said. I am tired of this Armstrong-Contador issue.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
khardung la said:
Pepe Marti is a personal fitness trainer. The Landis accusations refer to a "team trainer". There were more than one and with more obvious connections to PEDs (Ferrari for example).

Probably Contador is a doper, but why pointing to a low level fitness trainer instead of the different medical doctors with knowledge and access to drugs?? It is out of my understanding unless the aim is to divert attention from what Landis really said. I am tired of this Armstrong-Contador issue.

Back in the day, when I was young the signuers, I think massuers were providers of elixers. I guess if I went to my local gym I would find pro providers of PEDs who were not licensed. Just a guess. That is the US, maybe the pro cyclists have certified doping doctors there in Europe. I am sure they have the other kind also.

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:
Floyd said in an e-mail that he bought HGH from Pepe Marti - Alberto's Personal Trainer. Pepe also worked at Postal during Dr Ferarri's employment there. They most likely knew each other well?

Alberto has no comment yet...

"Landis said he was sold human growth hormone by the team trainer in 2003, according to the April e-mail to USA Cycling Chief Executive Steve Johnson. Marti worked with Tour de France champion Alberto Contador on the Astana team this year and is likely to switch with him to the Saxo Bank team next year, Contador’s spokesman Jacinto Vidarte said."

Marti is “not going to make any comment,” Vidarte said. Astana officials didn’t respond to requests by phone and e-mail for a comment from Marti. Aramendi didn’t immediately return an e-mail sent to his clinic, and a staff member said he was on vacation and unavailable."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-...jects-blood-doping-accusations-by-landis.html

man o man do i hate that rat ***** he needs to kill himself what a ****ing lying cheating bitter loser. floyd is just so pathetic every real cyclist i know hates that guy(and no that does not mean we love lance we dont) we just dont like manipulating blackmailing lying cheating rats.

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
Nice to see you've finally got past "waah Floyd is a snitch".

he is a snitch and a rat he of course did all this after his attempt to blackmail his way back into the sport failed so he then **** in his own backyard and named names the lowest of the low. every one i speak with cyclist or not once they understand how it all went down see that this guy is real scum. his motivations for his actions are for the worst reasons he only cares about himself this has nothing to do with his love for the sport blah blah. it amazes me that because people hate la so much that there blinded to who landis really is he is not a good guy and should not be treated as such. honestly only on the passive aggressive internet do i even find supporters of his we all know la and most everyone else dopes its got nothing to do with that i dont like la either but flandis is a far worse character.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Forty four, from what I see in your posts, you know something about how it went down, or at least pose as though you do. Might I ask you about the blackmail? I do think this was a likely step, however I have seen nothing about it, other than the Lance and Bruyneel statement, and those were put forth without any evidence, so might I inquire what you have heard?

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
forty four said:
he is a snitch and a rat he of course did all this after his attempt to blackmail his way back into the sport failed so he then **** in his own backyard and named names the lowest of the low. every one i speak with cyclist or not once they understand how it all went down see that this guy is real scum. his motivations for his actions are for the worst reasons he only cares about himself this has nothing to do with his love for the sport blah blah. it amazes me that because people hate la so much that there blinded to who landis really is he is not a good guy and should not be treated as such. honestly only on the passive aggressive internet do i even find supporters of his we all know la and most everyone else dopes its got nothing to do with that i dont like la either but flandis is a far worse character.

I pretty much agree except I like Lance. Also no matter what Floyd has done he has the right to do what he wants, this is a free country.
He is a fool to do what he has done. Now Floyd shall walk the earth for forty years.
All of the people I know either ignore Floyd or hate him. Except on this forum where he is admired. Oh yeah I forgot he has been forgiven by LeMond. That brings up Floyds' street cred.
The one thing I see on this forum is what a nice guy Tyler or Floyd or David M. are. That I do not understand.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
Look, Manzano explicitly said he was doing it to get revenge on Kelme. You can't get more bitter than Manzano, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter. He did the right thing, if for all the wrong reasons.

That is the enigma of Floyd. I have read a lot about him and once admired him. Everything he does in life is an enigma. When he came out and Levi said"What is Floyd thinking" I was in total agreement. Floyd is a througly interesting character.

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Why does everyone try to keep bringing this back to a Flandis/LA debate?

Floyd's obviously a little ****ed, but who wouldn't be? Like MANY others, he finally got the nuts up to be honest and to tell the world what the sport's like from the inside. Good on him.

I am really tired of Cat 4 Americans trying to vilify the Internationals and nitpick who's better than who on an ethical debate.

The point is, and should be maintained as such, that doping should be run out of the sport we love. Pretty clear to most of the welt/world, so let's stop being parrochial about it and get it done!

Man,those fanboys are irritating...

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
JMBeaushrimp said:

Floyd's obviously a little ****ed, but who wouldn't be? Like MANY others, he finally got the nuts up to be honest and to tell the world what the sport's like from the inside. Good on him.

I am really tired of Cat 4 Americans trying to vilify the Internationals and nitpick who's better than who on an ethical debate.

The point is, and should be maintained as such, that doping should be run out of the sport we love. Pretty clear to most of the welt/world, so let's stop being parrochial about it and get it done!

I like your opinion but the riders ds s managers team owners like doping. I guess the bio passport is working?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Squares said:
OK, count me as confused...

I know you guys think Lance Armstrong is the anti-christ and probably has a 666 tatoo somewhere. Perhaps you think he wasn't even was born in Texas but really was born somwhere in Africa and has not shown his long form birth certificate...

But

It seems like you only care about hating Lance and are perfectly prepared to dismiss any links/implications of doping by Alberto Contador that come from FLandis because your target is Lance.

Do I have that correct?

I personally think that if Landis' story is holds up and corroborating evidence is found to back it up, then we should see the stripping of a bunch of Tour de France titles since the 2003 title (given that the 2002 in now past the 8 year statute of limitations). Lances 2003-2005 and Contadors 2007 and 2009 could/should go as well.
That's the forum for you...
theswordsman said:
I've been a s staunch a defender as anyone here, but I have been concerned since the original Landis story in the Wall Street Journal.

The new story just confirms that it was Pepe Marti working with the team at the time.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-...jects-blood-doping-accusations-by-landis.html

That's two plus two. It doesn't mean Contador has dome anything wrong, but either you believe Landis or you don't.

exactly, you can't have it both ways.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
JMBeaushrimp said:

Hear hear! Turn off your wattage program and just ride your bike to learn what it's about.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
JMBeaushrimp said:

JMB, you are right, this is not a Floyd/Lance issue.
It is a Floyd/Pepe issue.
Or maybe a Lance/Pepe issue.

If the Novitzsky Probe discovers EPO/HGH/TESTO/ETC flowing into the Postal Team, most likely Pepe Marti will be invovled?

Pepe could be at the core of the Postal Rotten Apple?

Drifting a bit off-topic, one has to wonder how Pepe will fit into the Riis system next year. Will Pepe be a persona non grata? Both Bruyneel and Martinelli have complained that "Alberto had his own people". Will Riis be the next to complain?

These must be distracting times for Alberto and his trainer.
Hopefully Alberto wont lose focus....

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:
JMB, you are right, this is not a Floyd/Lance issue.
It is a Floyd/Pepe issue.
Or maybe a Lance/Pepe issue.

If the Novitzsky Probe discovers EPO/HGH/TESTO/ETC flowing into the Postal Team, most likely Pepe Marti will be invovled?

Pepe could be at the core of the Postal Rotten Apple?

Drifting a bit off-topic, one has to wonder how Pepe will fit into the Riis system next year. Will Pepe be a persona non grata? Both Bruyneel and Martinelli have complained that "Alberto had his own people". Will Riis be the next to complain?

These must be distracting times for Alberto and his trainer.
Hopefully Alberto wont lose focus....

It can happen to the best/worst of them, can't it?

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
peloton said:
got a link to back this up?

C"mon peloton, you should already know this...

Last year Bruyneel made the "he has his own people" comment in a cyclingnews article that was discussed many times over. Search for it.

I will lend you a hand on a link to Martinelli's feelings:

quote:
"At one point in the Tour de France, maybe even before it started it seemed as if Contador had already forgotten the Astana project and was starting to make other plans,"

I was the sports director, not his director

endquote

So, who WAS Alberto's director?
Who are "Alberto's People".

Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/5...efore-Tour-says-Martinelli.aspx#ixzz0yDXlzVRA