• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Floyd & Lance together at the Tour de France

Which team mates did Floyd see dope during the TdF? Pick as many as you want

• Big George

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Floyd and Lance raced together in 2002, 2003, and 2004 at the TdF.
Along with them, 10 other riders made up the squads:

Noval - Spain
Rubiera - Spain
Beltran - Spain
Heras - Spain
Azevedo - Portugal
Pena - Columbia
Padrnos - Czech
Joachim - Luxembourg
Eki - Russia
Big George - USA

There has been a lot of talk in many threads about Floyd witnessing doping during the TdF.

So, which ones (besides Lance and himself) did Floyd see dope?
You can vote for as many as you like....

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
JMBeaushrimp said:
I vote that this poll and thread are pointless.

I agree, especially in light of the new article suggesting that Novitzky isn't going after individual riders but after the distribution ring. Could LA miss out on charges and only the distributors (not the users) go to jail?

Of course I will be called a fanboy for saying this.

I just wish people would let Novitzky do his work and not worry about it until charges are filed.

A similar thing happened in the US a number of years ago in the Valerie Plame disclosure with people speculating that D1ck Cheney would be charged with a crime, that Karl Rove would be arrested from the White House, and on and on. Then there was a single person charged, Scooter Libby, for making false statements to the FBI, perjury, and obstruction of justice. No one was ever convicted of the crime of revealing the identity of a spy.

I have a feeling that the whole investigation is going to end in a similar fashion, with a couple of people charged with perjury or distribution of drugs without a prescription. LA will not face a doping charge because it was not a crime in the US (or there would be lots of NBA, NFL, Baseball players in jail). Some little guys will fall for illegal distrbuition but the bigger fish will get off because, like D1ck Cheney, the obstruction will have been to great to catch them in any criminal offense that can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

The only one who did not dope was Lance. Because he didn't need to. His high cadence allow him to break away from his rivals. I heard that his heart is of a size of a water melon. I also heard that his determination elevated his VO2 max above normal levels. Quite a creature I tell you.

On the other hand, his teammates had to be doped to the eyeballs just to keep in pace with Lance. Poor guys. They had no choice but to do it. They never mastered the art of "high cadence".

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
The only one who did not dope was Lance. Because he didn't need to. His high cadence allow him to break away from his rivals. I heard that his heart is of a size of a water melon. I also heard that his determination elevated his VO2 max above normal levels. Quite a creature I tell you.

On the other hand, his teammates had to be doped to the eyeballs just to keep in pace with Lance. Poor guys. They had no choice but to do it. They never mastered the art of "high cadence".

Finally someone gets it. I hope you're not being sarcastic.

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
None of LA's positives matter. The Yanks are onto a larger scene of money and drugs.

Much to my chagrin, I might add, but I don't see LA getting popped through this American spiel.

He's going to come off like Al Capone. A rotten rat-******* homicidal maniac, but the taxes got him screwed...

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Escarabajo said:

you sound like coach chris comical