• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

For a want of a nail...

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Imagine if Frank Shleck hasn't crashed? :eek:

What would the race could have been like? :eek:

AC must to be really thankful for that small cobblestone that threw Frank out of the competition.

For all we know Frank could have been in yellow today with his younger brother comfortably sitting behind...

Or if Tiralongo hasn't crashed in the Giro? Vino cold have had super-domestique for the mountains for the third week.
________
Big Tits Tubes

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
rxgqgxnyfz said:
Imagine if Frank Shleck hasn't crashed? :eek:

What would the race could have been like? :eek:

AC must to be really thankful for that small cobblestone that threw Frank out of the competition.

For all we know Frank could have been in yellow today with his younger brother comfortably sitting behind...

Or if Tiralongo hasn't crashed in the Giro? Vino cold have had super-domestique for the mountains for the third week.

That's a lot of what if's, and what makes you think big Schleck would have been a factor in the race anyways. And Astana is all Contador at the Tour, no matter what. They never would have used a strong domestique like Tiralongo to help Vino. Unless if I'm mis-understanding your post.

A

Anonymous

I think the reason andy is in yellow is because frank is out. They spend to much time trying to look after each other in the mountains. With frank out its like the shackles are off andy.

For baby schleck losing big brother could be the best thing. If anything its bad news for AC

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
Imagine if Frank and Andy were caught out in the carnage of stage 2 instead of Saxo coming up with that bullsh*t neutralization.

So many what-ifs....

May 4, 2010
Visit site
It was part of the plan. Stage 3: step 1, set a high tempo entering the most difficult cobbles. Step 2, Frank fall down in front of everybody creating gaps. Step 3, Cancellara drags Andy to the finish regaining the time he lost in the prolouge. Except for the smashed collarbone it was perfectly executed :)

Aug 22, 2009
Visit site
what if Liquigas let Sagan ride the tour, he'd definitely be in yellow at the moment imo

or maybe Machado in yellow for Radioshack.. best mountain team! Lance driving the front of the field!

TeamSkyFans said:
I think the reason andy is in yellow is because frank is out. They spend to much time trying to look after each other in the mountains. With frank out its like the shackles are off andy.

For baby schleck losing big brother could be the best thing. If anything its bad news for AC

I actually think it's not bad news for AC at all. He, not Andy, is sitting in the proverbial cat bird seat. Andy, apparently, doesn't see that yet, since he's under the delusion that AC needs to attack him. Or he thinks he can bait AC into attacking when it's not to his advantage. Either way, he doesn't recognize the lay of the land.

Andy is going to miss having Frank over the next two weeks. He's got no one to protect his back when AC isn't in the mood to just gain time on his other rivals and ride Andy's wheel like today.

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Can you all imagine if the champ didnt have 5 crashes? If he didnt flat on stage 3? Lance looks like he is in great form and would be right up there fighting for yellow. It is bitterly disappointing for the greatest cyclist of all time to be dealt so much bad luck in 1 race...The positive is, everyone can see what a great sportsmanship lance is showing. For me it shows that contador was the problem in Astana last year.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
lancewillwin8 said:
Can you all imagine if the champ didnt have 5 crashes?
Blasphemy? He had 555 crashes! :eek:

And a bull stampede crossing the road right before him!

And was abducted by aliens but amazingly freed himself, overthrew their local tyranny, showed them wrongness of their ways, taught them democracy ? had many green skinned babes and still came back to race!

Truth, Justice, and American way all the way!
________
Paxil lawsuit settlements

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
rxgqgxnyfz said:
Tiralongo was actually bought just for that purpose only and specifically trained for this.

Tour was just a backup plan.

Oh I thought you meant Tiralongo to be used as Vino's personal domestique at the Tour de France. Anyways, even with Tiralongo in the final week, Vino wouldn't have finished on the podium in that race. (the Giro)

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
lancewillwin8 said:
Can you all imagine if the champ didnt have 5 crashes? If he didnt flat on stage 3? Lance looks like he is in great form and would be right up there fighting for yellow. It is bitterly disappointing for the greatest cyclist of all time to be dealt so much bad luck in 1 race...The positive is, everyone can see what a great sportsmanship lance is showing. For me it shows that contador was the problem in Astana last year.

He isn't hurt and he wasn't able to even come close to hanging on to AC and AS today. Not even Sanchez, Gesink, Menchov, or his own damn teammate. Just admit that he's too damn old to be a factor and get over it.

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
lancewillwin8 said:

This is a Classic. :rolleyes: Nice copy, but the style is too obvious don't you think? Could be good for a Toyota ad intro.

Oh and since when is Lance spelled with a little letter? Is that a Bot error?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
lancewillwin8 said:
Can you all imagine if the champ didnt have 5 crashes? ...

what about all the other riders who wont get out of his way so he can ride up the road and win by a decade or so.....it's just not fair, not fair

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
lancewillwin8 said:

Sorry pal, you are not, and never will be, WonderLance.

TRENDING THREADS