• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Fork Spring replacement

Jun 1, 2019
Visit site
Hi All, This is my suspension fork... Suntour NRX D HLO. 63mm. Hydraulic Speed Lockout / Preload

I'd like stiffer suspension than what my fork offers now. My idea is to change to a stiffer spring to achieve that. I wrote to Suntour asking about this. This was their response... "It does not appear as though spring kits are available for the NRX forks."

Are stiffer 3rd party springs available for my fork or is a whole new fork my only option? All comments are welcome, thanks!

(btw, Preload is already set to max!)

Jun 1, 2019
Visit site
Re:

King Boonen said:
To be honest, that's a very cheap fork, city-bike fork. I'm not sure it's worth the time and effort required, along with the money, to start switching springs. What are you doing that's blowing through the travel?

With my suspension on, my speed is reduced. I'd like a scenario with a stiff suspension that doesn't greatly reduce my overall speed. Roads around my area are not in great shape everywhere, so I'd like to have suspension for them. I'm basically looking for the best of both worlds in a stiff suspension.

TRENDING THREADS