• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Forum Contests

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I'm wondering about the forum contest winners. Has everyone received their prizes. I won one of the contests from the Giro D'Italia and still have not received the Columbia signed jersey.

Daniel Benson

Administrator
Mar 2, 2009
www.cyclingnews.com
Hi Wilson,

I'm Dan, the editor of CN. We've had a few problems with posting comp prizes over the last few months with some not arriving for months and one or two not arriving at all.

Let me chase this up for you and see what I can find. If we're lucky it's sitting under someone's desk in the marketing department!

Can you please email me your address and contact details to Daniel@cyclingnews.com in the meantime.

Same goes for anyone else in this position but please don't make things up and claim you've won things like a Garmin team bike (yes that has happened) as we keep a list of who has won what.

Thanks for your patience.

Daniel

Daniel Benson

Administrator
Mar 2, 2009
www.cyclingnews.com
Wilson,

You're in luck. In fact so are we. I don't know how we would have managed replacing the jersey as it's pretty special. Signed by the Giro team and it's limited edition with giro pink section on the arms. We've found it and it's in the post, along with an extra goody I've found on my desk -an Aiki cycling hat to keep you warm this winter.

Same goes for Kjetil from Norway, we've found your prize and that's on it's way to you too. Along with another goody (a hat).

Sorry about this guys. Seems we had a mix up here with who was sending these out. I'll add post boy to my job description though.

Thanks for your patience and enjoy the jerseys.

Daniel

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
yoga

Yoga (Sanskrit, Pali: yóga) refers to traditional physical and mental disciplines originating in India. The word is associated with meditative practices in Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism. In Hinduism, it also refers to one of the six orthodox (astika) schools of Hindu philosophy, and to the goal toward which that school directs its practices. In Jainism it refers to the sum total of all activities—mental, verbal and physical.

Major branches of yoga in Hindu philosophy include Raja Yoga, Karma Yoga, Jnana Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, and Hatha Yoga. Raja Yoga, compiled in the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, and known simply as yoga in the context of Hindu philosophy, is part of the Samkhya tradition.[10] Many other Hindu texts discuss aspects of yoga, including Upanishads, the Bhagavad Gita, the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, the Shiva Samhita and various Tantras.

The Sanskrit word yoga has many meanings, and is derived from the Sanskrit root "yuj," meaning "to control," "to yoke" or "to unite."[12] Translations include "joining," "uniting," "union," "conjunction," and "means." Outside India, the term yoga is typically associated with Hatha Yoga and its asanas (postures) or as a form of exercise. Someone who practices yoga or follows the yoga philosophy is called a yogi or yogini
yoga