• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Forum meltdown

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
iWhfS.jpg

A question to the mods: Do you receive those reports? (the image is from a failed report from me earlier today)

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Netserk said:
iWhfS.jpg

A question to the mods: Do you receive those reports? (the image is from a failed report from me earlier today)

I've been getting a lot of those this past couple of months (for CN).

To be fair, I've been getting an increasing amount of them on some other sites as well - like Yahoo. I'm pretty sure it is the sites, and not the local network, since it is only select sites where I get the problem.

At CN, the problem may be traffic volume. On other sites - I'm not sure. Yahoo may be subject to malware attack on a regular basis. I think DDOS attacks are up. Although - and this was particularly odd - I got a such a lockout yesterday when using FF to access my website. I switched to Chromium AT THE SAME TIME (simultaneously), and it worked fine. Now wtf was that? Maybe a problem with either FF or NoScript (which I swear by, not at). Next time I get a 504 from CN, I'm gonna switch to Chromium and see if I get the same.