• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Franco Pelizzoti will fight for pink in may!

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Franco told the assembly yesterday, when the Team had it´s official presentation in Lombardy that he will fight for pink at this years Giro d´Italia.
For me it´s great news, and I hope when I visit the Team in May that Franco by then wears the maglia rosa!

But if you look at the Team this year, they have gathered a strong Team, Fransesco Reda has showed what he can do at the Tour Meditaréen and Diego Rosa as well. Mattia Gavazzi showed (at Tour de San Luis) that with some more races in is legs, he will be a sprinter to count on.

Then we have riders as:
Emanuele Sella, Fabio Felline, Giario Ermeti, Riccardo Chiarini, Miguel Rubiano, Carlos Ochoa, Jackson Rodriguez, Thomas Gil, Antonio Parrinello, Patrick Fachini etc etc Amazing guys and a amazing Team. I ´can´t wait until the Girom but there is still some nice races before that, as example Tour de Langkawi (in which the Team has some nice results).

//Fritz

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
how can anyone realistically discuss this rider's ambitions without making reference to his past ?!

Sorry Franco, no-one believes in miracles anymore. I'll respect him more if he wins an opportune stage like Kreuziger last year. Challenging for pink with 100 kilometres of time trialling?

That's funny

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
airstream said:
Pelizzo is done. Either top-10 and ban or usual stage-hunting. I'd prefer the second one.

I agree, he wasn't able to win the giro before, why now then? lol

Top 10 might be possible but i would go for a stage

Hugo Koblet said:
Actually, Felline is a whole year younger than Rosa is. That said, I don't think he'll make the team either.

Ah I see a site had him listed as 20, but they took the date of birth from the footballer Diego Rosa. But indeed I still dont think he will make the team as a 1st year pro who might need some time to get used to the pro level. Especially since he hasnt always been a road cyclist. Although he started the year pretty good.

even his hair is coming back slowly to the 2009 level

i don't see absolutely any reason why delfino won't do it too
vai franco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

73439_501108456602558_369648405_n.jpg

TRENDING THREADS