• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

French riders no longer the cleanest. Oh, wait...

Duval tests positive, provisionally suspended.

The rider belongs to the Française des Jeux team which has been widely indicated in this forum to be one of the cleanest teams. The catch is that he tested positive for an appetite suppressant while he was injured. Does that count? We have riders doing blood transfusions during the Tour de France and now this French rider has to pay the same price as if he was doing a blood transfusion. It does not seem fair. We can use the same analogy as for two people breaking the law; one goes over the speed limit while the other one robes a bank. Which one is the worse? Well you get the point. Here is the link:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/duval-tests-positive-provisionally-suspended

Anyway, I don't know much about drugs but maybe somebody can enlighten us about the purpose of this drug and how bad can it

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Hinault

Hinault doe not believe the French riders are cleaner

"The French have taken as much as the others," he said.
"What is unusual is that cyclists are not treated the same way as other sports."

http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2009/jun09/jun08news

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/26/sports/cycling/26french.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

I feel Hinault was exaggerating, but I'm not going to call him wrong!

photo-68-2.jpg

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Bernucci got done for this at the 2007 Vuelta, when he was riding for T-Mobile, which was pretty much the final nail in the coffin for the T-Mobile sponsorship. From what I understand, if it is taken out of competition, it is ok, but in competition, it is not.

poupou said:
About http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/26/sp...pagewanted=all

You are a doped rider, would you explain the failure of French by doping use in other teams?

You are a French rider, would you explain your failure by doping inside cycling and hurting much more your situation?

I think its to do with what Jurdie says at the end - “It’s genetic. We prepare just as hard as everyone else, but when you can’t win, you can’t win. A Tour winner comes once in a lifetime, or maybe, for the French, less often that that.”

I mean, if Voeckler trained harder or did whatever bs Wiggins said about technology and nutrition, he still wouldn't win the Tour. It takes certain types of riders, and the French don't really have anyone like that now. Its kinda hard to put across what I mean, but I know what I mean :eek:
What Hinault says in that article is crap as well.

poupou said:
That year, Chavanel was on a "modern" belgian team, did he got better results?

Sylvain has only had an 8th at Paris-Roub, 2nd in Benelux & 3rd overall at Paris-Nice. I don't know exactly what you're trying to say here, but (as a fan of Chavanel) I try to remember how even Festina had clean riders.

Anyway, I don't know much about drugs but maybe somebody can enlighten us about the purpose of this drug (norfenfluramine) and how bad can it

I'd guess that it helps you to lose weight. Maybe stuff like that can help transform you from a TTer to a mountain goat :p

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
luckyboy said:
Sylvain has only had an 8th at Paris-Roub, 2nd in Benelux & 3rd overall at Paris-Nice. I don't know exactly what you're trying to say here, but (as a fan of Chavanel) I try to remember how even Festina had clean riders.
2008 results of Chavanel were better than his 2009 results despite being in a foreign team, so I doubt that Quick Step has slightly better training practise,... than Cofidis.

TRENDING THREADS