• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 906 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
Re:

hrotha said:
Why are you discussing this here? The hell does any of this have to do with doping?

While it has nothing to do with doping I feel it has something to do with debunking team sky's claims. If they win GT's clean simply by using marginal gains, leaving no stone unturned, looking at the course better than any other team, preparing for every eventuality, or whatever bs they are spinning this week. Losing a GT by being tactically idiotic early on in a stage is another bit of proof in brailsfords bollocks.

Apologies for being a particularly un-eloquent poster, I hope you see my point.

Re: Re:

Remmie123 said:
hrotha said:
Why are you discussing this here? The hell does any of this have to do with doping?

While it has nothing to do with doping I feel it has something to do with debunking team sky's claims. If they win GT's clean simply by using marginal gains, leaving no stone unturned, looking at the course better than any other team, preparing for every eventuality, or whatever bs they are spinning this week. Losing a GT by being tactically idiotic early on in a stage is another bit of proof in brailsfords bollocks.

Apologies for being a particularly un-eloquent poster, I hope you see my point.
No apologies needed, this kind of thing needs to be pointed out ad nauseum for some...

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
bikenrrd said:
The plot thickens:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/froome-says-riders-outside-vuelta-a-espana-time-limit-should-have-remained-excluded/

Seems as though there might be a rift in the team. The first thing my wife said was "what did he say to them all at dinner last night?".

I read that this morning and thought it was such an odd thing to be quoted on, something really odd going on.

Behind closed doors absolutely you would tear them a new one, but you wouldn't get it out in the press.

Edit: I read that back and the thought of Froome tearing anyone a new one just doesn't work lol, maybe leave the tearing a new one to Dave or Cound.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
must have been rest day!
Interesting his comment that riders outside of the time should have been cut - meaning he would be completely alone for rest of the race...so is this ego talking or I am so good (doped/marginal gained/motor in bike) that I can do this alone - alien mode for next week??

Perhaps the riders in Sky are over being all for one or they aren't getting the TDF teams marginal gains benefits..who knows...

He just about dislocated the soigneurs shoulder ripping the musette out of his hands on the previous stage...so I wouldn't be wanting to do that job for him...

Re:

msjett said:
must have been rest day!
Interesting his comment that riders outside of the time should have been cut - meaning he would be completely alone for rest of the race...so is this ego talking or I am so good (doped/marginal gained/motor in bike) that I can do this alone - alien mode for next week??

Perhaps the riders in Sky are over being all for one or they aren't getting the TDF teams marginal gains benefits..who knows...

He just about dislocated the soigneurs shoulder ripping the musette out of his hands on the previous stage...so I wouldn't be wanting to do that job for him...

It's just all 'blah'. If he'd have said it before the decision was made, I might have felt he believed it. But the horse had already exited stable, run down the road and off into the sunset by that stage. An attempt to appease public opinion, and yeah, maybe it wouldn't go down well with the team, but I think we already know its all about the leader at Sky.

Re: Froome and Levi

Twitter reminder - from 2014 article by Steve Tilford

http://stevetilford.com/2014/08/05/froome-skipping-tenerife-to-train-with-levi-in-california/
Froome Skipping Tenerife to Train with Levi in California ???

You’re the previous years Tour de France winner and a rider that speaks out against doping, and then, nearly while the Tour is still going on, you pack up your bags and fly 9 time zones away to ride with a confessed doping cyclist, that the rest of the sport won’t give a contract to after serving his suspension. What does that show to the racing public?

In this day and age of the sport, you need to walk the walk if you talk the talk. He’s not doing that. Okay, maybe he will never go to Tenerife again to train because of the lack of testing and general suspension that the island attracts. But going out of his way to train with Levi?

How do the Froome fanboys ignore that ?

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know if Froome had an unbranded wheel on today, says he as he dons his tinfoil hat as he had a normal branded one on the day of his "crisis" on stage 15. Just curious.

Cycle Chic said:

http://stevetilford.com/2014/08/05/froome-skipping-tenerife-to-train-with-levi-in-california/

You’re the previous years Tour de France winner and a rider that speaks out against doping, and then, nearly while the Tour is still going on, you pack up your bags and fly 9 time zones away to ride with a confessed doping cyclist, that the rest of the sport won’t give a contract to after serving his suspension. What does that show to the racing public?

In this day and age of the sport, you need to walk the walk if you talk the talk. He’s not doing that. Okay, maybe he will never go to Tenerife again to train because of the lack of testing and general suspension that the island attracts. But going out of his way to train with Levi?

Because Froome has never tested positive ;)

thehog said:
Cycle Chic said:

I'm beginning to think you are warming to Froome, looking at you recent posts. Obviously, this last one is a little droll but nevertheless..

bigcog said:
thehog said:
Cycle Chic said:

I'm beginning to think you are warming to Froome, looking at you recent posts. Obviously, this last one is a little droll but nevertheless..

You guys continue to view this from this extremely myopic like vs not like, point of view.

Everyone British thinks froome is clean everyone none jealous hates him and thinks froome is doped.

I'm beginning to think your brains will never develop beyond this. Which of course explains why you guys believe he could be clean to begin with

bigcog said:
thehog said:
Cycle Chic said:

You've taken me the wrong way, I've always warmed to Froome. I think he is the most hilarious thing to happen to the sport in its entire history. I can never stop laughing at him because he is simply so ridiculous. I loved his book also, that at to be the funniest piece of junk in sports book history, full of so many untruths imaginable. I really hope Froome blows up the Vuelta by going full AICAR, I really do. I hope Froome never tests positive, then I'd have nothing to laugh at again, maybe just watching re-runs of Wiggins 2013 Giro to get a giggle... :rolleyes:

Re:

msjett said:
must have been rest day!

If his statement was made after the final decision had been delivered to not exclude the riders that missed the time limit then he would have no fear of his opinion having an effect on the verdict. I think it was just pr.

The Hitch said:
bigcog said:
thehog said:
Cycle Chic said:

You guys continue to view this from this extremely myopic like vs not like, point of view.

Everyone British thinks froome is clean everyone none jealous hates him and thinks froome is doped.

I'm beginning to think your brains will never develop beyond this. Which of course explains why you guys believe he could be clean to begin with

Thanks for the insult. I don't believe I have ever said he is clean. I've said I don't know, there is a difference. I like watching him, he has guts and despite all the sh*t he gets carries on regardless. I bet one of your predecessors invented dunking.

thehog said:
bigcog said:
thehog said:
Cycle Chic said:

You've taken me the wrong way, I've always warmed to Froome. I think he is the most hilarious thing to happen to the sport in its entire history. I can never stop laughing at him because he is simply so ridiculous. I loved his book also, that at to be the funniest piece of junk in sports book history, full of so many untruths imaginable. I really hope Froome blows up the Vuelta by going full AICAR, I really do. I hope Froome never tests positive, then I'd have nothing to laugh at again, maybe just watching re-runs of Wiggins 2013 Giro to get a giggle... :rolleyes:

Yep, the book is very strange. I gave up reading it. It didn't do him any favours. I would be very surprised if he ever tests positive (whether he is doping or not), so he is the gift that will keep on giving for this forum :D

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Re:

msjett said:
must have been rest day!

Interesting 2 sky riders were in the break today and one would think something was planned for Froome, but it may be they were just after their own thing. They are probably ticked off with what Froome said. I don't see anyone of them busting themselves for him again, he has already said I can win the Vuelta on my own.

jilbiker said:
msjett said:
must have been rest day!

Interesting 2 sky riders were in the break today and one would think something was planned for Froome, but it may be they were just after their own thing. They are probably ticked off with what Froome said. I don't see anyone of them busting themselves for him again, he has already said I can win the Vuelta on my own.

Did he really say that? :surprised:

Angliru said:
jilbiker said:
msjett said:
must have been rest day!

Did he really say that? :surprised:
I think he was talking as if his team was DQ'd after missing the time cut. He was talking as if he would still compete even though his team was gone.

thehog said:
bigcog said:
thehog said:
Cycle Chic said:

Imagine if he did a Landis :D

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site

Imagine if he did a Landis :D[/quote]

Some people are waiting for a positive...good luck with that!....I say the only way is a Landis....that is what I am waiting for. And this is taking on Murdoch as well...got to be some with a lot of guts

TRENDING THREADS