• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1299 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

rick james said:
Benotti69 said:
The claims that Froome is some kind of perfect athlete dont stand up as why was he in the grupetto and at the back of it before 2011!!!
because he was ill...but you'll tell us that's all lies....so what the point

Yeah he was ill. :lol: Sky couldn't find any illness with their top of the line doctors. :lol:

Strange how Wiggins and Froome are so ill during their GT wins. Actually not strange at all. It is called doping. :lol:

Froome has yet to prove his illnesses are or were real. Brailsfrod would claim they are the most transparent thing in the universe. But we have no proofs (independent verifiable ones) to show he had any of it.

Wiggins Kenacort use has been debunked and slammed by many asthama and medical professionals as a proper treatment for asthma.

But you know all this. You either obfuscate (at best) and attempt to just upset.

History of the sport is constnantly being repeated. That no one can show any cultural change is proof of this. The same people who enabled doping for the last 3 decades *and no doubt longer) are still in the sport doing what they know best. The only consistent change in doping is the substances and lately we have see old school methodology being applied proabably with new undetectables on top for a fine vintage winning cocktail.

By the way, Froome claims to be still ill. If only Froome didn't have asthma, Speilberg could remake the end of ET with him and no need for special effects!!!!

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

mrhender said:
Funny seing people like Swart gloating on twitter that WADA is flawed. Very telling as to what really matters.

Swart is a chamois sniffer looking to get involved with a big name athlete. As obvious as the brown stains on the end of his nose!

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site

Benotti69 said:
mrhender said:
Funny seing people like Swart gloating on twitter that WADA is flawed. Very telling as to what really matters.

Swart is a chamois sniffer looking to get involved with a big name athlete. As obvious as the brown stains on the end of his nose!

Yepeeee WADA is broken... lets celebrate :confused:

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
I love that they keep including the heartrate. It's like a honeypot for weeding out the idiots who know nothing about sports science - "his HR is so low!" is just the perfect way to demonstrate you have zero clue.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

mrhender said:
Benotti69 said:
mrhender said:

Yepeeee WADA is broken... lets celebrate :confused:

WADA never worked. It was set up for PR reasons and that is the job it does. WADA works fine, according those who run sport.

Re:

hazaran said:
I love that they keep including the heartrate. It's like a honeypot for weeding out the idiots who know nothing about sports science - "his HR is so low!" is just the perfect way to demonstrate you have zero clue.

Agreed.... it’s a truly bizarre set of numbers they’ve managed to “create” :cool:

Finestre attack:

Power increases by 50%.
Heart rate increases by 6%

Finestre before the attack and sestriere have identical heart rates.

thehog said:
hazaran said:

Agreed.... it’s a truly bizarre set of numbers they’ve managed to “create” :cool:

Finestre attack:

Power increases by 50%.
Heart rate increases by 6%

Finestre before the attack and sestriere have identical heart rates.

Seriously, I'm trying not to sound condescending...but do you ride/train with power.

If so, you know that when your already riding somewhere near aerobic threshold that sudden short anaerobic efforts are not going to produce much shift in HR, you don't really think it's as linear as 50% power spike equals anywhere near 50% HR spike do you?

I repeat, the power and HR numbers relationship to each other are completely consistent.

They show super endurance conditioning, questoon how he got to be such a great athlete if you must, but the relationship between HR and Power is normal.

Re:

hazaran said:

LOL, you were all complaining about them not releasing heart rate figures when the infamous power video from the vuelta came out, now your criticising them for releasing it ? There is no pleasing you :lol:

LaFlorecita said:
adamfo said:
I'm feeling unfit. My resting heart rate is 3 x higher than Froomes, his being measured at 32 bpm before the start of stage 19 at the Giro.
Resting heart rate in the 30s is normal for elite cyclists. It's his max heart rate that's just strange to me.

Agreed...but it's always been around this figure hasn't it, at least since anyone cared enough about him to pay attention to such detail.

bigcog said:
hazaran said:

LOL, you were all complaining about them not releasing heart rate figures when the infamous power video from the vuelta came out, now your criticising them for releasing it ? There is no pleasing you :lol:

It's a game with no end, one you simply cannot lose....talk to the media, it's PR bull, avoid the media, there's something to hide. Say something, it's a lie. Say nothing, it's a cover up, lack of transparency...withold the data, there's something to hide. Release the data, it's been manipulated.

The merry go round never stops turning :cool:

brownbobby said:
thehog said:
Sorry, one more piece of comedy..... :cool:

Basic math puts Froome at 4.4 w/k in the valley between sestriere and Jafferau climb.

Right.

Even the grandma descender can do beter. ...

Why do you keep talking about power and descending as though they're somehow connected :confused:

...and you can’t read course profile :cool:

Simple stuff my friend, simple stuff.

thehog said:
brownbobby said:
thehog said:
Sorry, one more piece of comedy..... :cool:

Basic math puts Froome at 4.4 w/k in the valley between sestriere and Jafferau climb.

Right.

Even the grandma descender can do beter. ...

Why do you keep talking about power and descending as though they're somehow connected :confused:

...and you can’t read course profile :cool:

Simple stuff my friend, simple stuff.

You've lost me :confused:

brownbobby said:
MatParker117 said:

Well that's off script!

I give it less than 2 hours before every single thing they've said/produced has been 'proven' to be

a) lies
b) proof of doping
c) manipulated to cover up doping
d) proof of motors
e) OBFUSCATION
f) lacking transparency
g) all of the above

I'll stick only with a). Would you be so kind and rewatch famous stage 19 of the Giro and tell me if time gains on Dumoulin that Sky published are accurate :confused:

Blanco said:
brownbobby said:
MatParker117 said:

Well that's off script!

I give it less than 2 hours before every single thing they've said/produced has been 'proven' to be

a) lies
b) proof of doping
d) proof of motors
e) OBFUSCATION
f) lacking transparency
g) all of the above

I'll stick only with a). Would you be so kind and rewatch famous stage 19 of the Giro and tell me if time gains on Dumoulin that Sky published are accurate :confused:

I don't have the time or the means right now, i mean the numbers sound close from what my memory can recall but it sounds like you have the verified data ready to ambush me with....so please do share if you want to make this element an important part of the debate

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site

bigcog said:
hazaran said:

You got me confused, and you really didn't understand my post in the first place. My criticism is with the ignorant that look at those HR figures and think they have revealed the Dawg for the superhuman dope user when they don't know the first thing about interpreting them. Looking at raw HR is like looking at the RPM of an engine where you don't know where the red line is.

(The Vuelta leak, of course, included HR)

brownbobby said:
Blanco said:
brownbobby said:
MatParker117 said:

Well that's off script!

a) lies
b) proof of doping
d) proof of motors
e) OBFUSCATION
f) lacking transparency
g) all of the above

I don't have the time or the means right now, i mean the numbers sound close from what my memory can recall but it sounds like you have the verified data ready to ambush me with....so please do share if you want to make this element an important part of the debate

Well, for a start we'll take time gain on Sestriere descent. Sky claims it is 45 sec, on a 8km, easy, straight, non-techical at all descent. In reality it was 15 sec.
As opposed to that, Froome took majority of time on Sestriere drag(false flat) and climb itself. Sky said it was 23 sec, but in the "real world" it was 1.19 min.
On top of everything if you add all time gains on Dumoulin, according to Sky, you get total time of 3.18 to Dumoulin, but in reality was 3.23. So, they had more than one month after Giro to prepare and adjust this files, and they came with this ***!
And I won't even bother to comment on watts and heart rate. What a load of crap!

TRENDING THREADS