• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Future prospects

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
If he (Voeckler) had 40-50 more watts at FTP he could win the Tour... Wouldnt take much. He's been racing pro for how many years now? All it would take is a little nudge more from what he's at to win the TDF.

Virtually anybody can win the Tour in today's day and age... There's lots of talented guys out there. Well not anybody, a lot of guys can win.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
BigBoat said:
Remember how well AG2R rode in the 2006 TDF? They dont struggle the slightest bit in my opinion. They just lack a big G.C. guy like Moreau to come along and work with a top Guru to get real results.

jaylew said:
I don't know if I agree with you. They don't really have any real "scoring" riders, if you know what I mean - no GT podium or even top 5 contenders, no top-flight TTers, no top sprinters(maybe Seb Chavanel and Feillu are their best), one top Northern Classics guy in Chavanel, and no top Ardennes-type classics guys.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but Seb Chav rides for FdJ and Feillu for Agritubel.

A

Anonymous

BigBoat said:
If he (Voeckler) had 40-50 more watts at FTP he could win the Tour... Wouldnt take much. He's been racing pro for how many years now? All it would take is a little nudge more from what he's at to win the TDF.

Virtually anybody can win the Tour in today's day and age... There's lots of talented guys out there. Well not anybody, a lot of guys can win.

If he's just learn to spin like Lance.......

Mar 31, 2009
twitter.com
Rui Costa, the Portuguese from Caisse D'Epargne

Finished in the top ten of last year World Championship at both races (road and TT) and recently won 4 Days of Dunkerk

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
second post in the thread,.... why does every single ******* post around here have to have some sort of snipe about doping..

this is getting friggin ridiculous.. :confused:

as future.. future is here.. EbH, Cav, Dan Martin

I don't know what annoys me more, the snipes about doping or your inevitable pompous responses to them. You couldn't shut up for five minutes on the lance hating thread and now here you are on this one. Give it a rest.

I go on vacation for 2 weeks and return to find a post from BigBoat that doesnt involve doping. What happened?? this is akin to an atheist suddenly finding God, new respect my friend.

I am really liking the look of Dan Martin, 2nd in Cataluyna was very impressive.
Jakob Fulsgang also looks very promising, I always find it hard to call with guys who are not yet pro. The Portugese guy Rui da Costa also looks good but I am always suspect of Portugese guys, probably unfair I know.

Mar 31, 2009
twitter.com
pmcg76 said:
The Portugese guy Rui da Costa also looks good but I am always suspect of Portugese guys, probably unfair I know.

Kind of understand you. Recently, the ones that got the most potential didn't seemed to have that winning drive, like José Azevedo and Sérgio Paulinho.

Well. Rui already managed to do one thing that only Acácio da Silva ever made that is winning a race overall. Not even Agostinho, who achieved quite a lot of podium placements and stages.