• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

G. P. Plouay 26.08.2012 WT

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
trevim said:
Great effort from Rui Costa but EBH was the strongest and deserved to win. Still another great result for Rui and his first big result in a big classic. It's a nice signal for his monument ambitions.

who else fell down the stairs laughing at this?

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
So I guess we can bury the speculations about him and longer races as his achilles.

The reasons why a young gun seldom wins the monuments is not the length per se; its because their terrain/surface is so demanding.
It takes time, experience and hardening.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
velosiped said:
So I guess we can bury the speculations about him and longer races as his achilles.

The reasons why a young gun seldom wins the monuments is not the length per se; its because their terrain/surface is so demanding.
It takes time, experience and hardening.

this I hope is also a joke right? the race was 200 km long for christsake. and not hard at all either

The race was 242 kilometers. EBH has won at that distance before though. It's when it gets close to 260 that he usually cracks.

Hopefully he can get one of the Canadian classics as well, in that case he'll somewhat have saved his season.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
maltiv said:
The race was 242 kilometers. EBH has won at that distance before though. It's when it gets close to 260 that he usually cracks.

Hopefully he can get one of the Canadian classics as well, in that case he'll somewhat have saved his season.

I'm pretty sure he'll just ride single-days rest of season.

Canada/worlds and maybe Bourges and Tours.

The last one would be a nice price to end the season with.

TRENDING THREADS