G. P. Plouay 26.08.2012 WT

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
El Pistolero said:
What? I rate this even lower than the Canadian races or the Brabantse Pijl.
Below Brabantse Pilj for sure but I'm still not sure how to rate the canadian races. I think they still needs a few more years to really know their status.
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,137
2
0
trevim said:
Great effort from Rui Costa but EBH was the strongest and deserved to win. Still another great result for Rui and his first big result in a big classic. It's a nice signal for his monument ambitions.
who else fell down the stairs laughing at this?
 
Sep 25, 2009
83
0
0
So I guess we can bury the speculations about him and longer races as his achilles.

The reasons why a young gun seldom wins the monuments is not the length per se; its because their terrain/surface is so demanding.
It takes time, experience and hardening.
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,137
2
0
velosiped said:
So I guess we can bury the speculations about him and longer races as his achilles.

The reasons why a young gun seldom wins the monuments is not the length per se; its because their terrain/surface is so demanding.
It takes time, experience and hardening.
this I hope is also a joke right? the race was 200 km long for christsake. and not hard at all either
 
May 27, 2010
5,376
0
0
Ryo Hazuki said:
this I hope is also a joke right? the race was 200 km long for christsake. and not hard at all either
around 230km actually.
But the race wasn't raced hard like it would in RVV or PR.
 
The race was 242 kilometers. EBH has won at that distance before though. It's when it gets close to 260 that he usually cracks.

Hopefully he can get one of the Canadian classics as well, in that case he'll somewhat have saved his season.
 
Sep 25, 2009
83
0
0
maltiv said:
The race was 242 kilometers. EBH has won at that distance before though. It's when it gets close to 260 that he usually cracks.

Hopefully he can get one of the Canadian classics as well, in that case he'll somewhat have saved his season.

I'm pretty sure he'll just ride single-days rest of season.

Canada/worlds and maybe Bourges and Tours.

The last one would be a nice price to end the season with.
 
enjoyed the race.tommy voeckler as always fun to watch and damn strong,rui costa too.
nice finish by eddy boss.kerrison,you have my approval to make him a beast for next year's spring classics.stannard,thomas,hagen...damn.
 
Sep 29, 2011
81
0
0
http://youtu.be/j_wSD_I9bKE

If anyone is interested here is a short vid from this race. I thought it was a great day and a good race for spectators as you could cover quite a lot of the course to watch the race from differnet places as well as amking it back for the finish.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS