• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Gagnez le Tour!

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I have procured my therapeutic exemptions for glucocorticoids and salbutamol, trained with the best, lost the necessary weight perhaps with the use of AICAR. How shall I win this tour?

8-10 weeks ago: At altitude microdosing EPO to return my haematocrit to 0.43-0.44 having donated 3 units of whole blood over the last two weeks for autologous transfusion during the tour.

Stay 'clean' until the tour prologue. WADA and ALFD are watching more closely.

Day of the prologue charge up with insulin, T3 and a fluid and carbohydrate load.

Stage 7 or 8 dose of glucocorticoids to give the spark to attack as the hills start.

Night before the first rest day in the bus on the way home = first autologous unit.

Rest day small dose of T3 and train at altitude.

Further transfusion night of stage 13 and the night before the rest day.

Delay the testers the 4-5minutes required to haemodilute with Hartmanns through a 14G cannula.

My whole team will do the same.

yes. excellent post.

after the prologue i will now not watch the the rest of the tour (unless the french authorities nab armstrong). in one 8k stretch The Fraud has again made following the sport absolutely ridiculous. it would be fascinating to know the monumental jump in wattage from his gila itt only a little while ago.

honestly, pro cycling is now officially worse than pro-wrestling.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
mitochondrion said:
I have procured my therapeutic exemptions for glucocorticoids and salbutamol, trained with the best, lost the necessary weight perhaps with the use of AICAR. How shall I win this tour?

8-10 weeks ago: At altitude microdosing EPO to return my haematocrit to 0.43-0.44 having donated 3 units of whole blood over the last two weeks for autologous transfusion during the tour.

Day of the prologue charge up with insulin, T3 and a fluid and carbohydrate load.

Stage 7 or 8 dose of glucocorticoids to give the spark to attack as the hills start.

Night before the first rest day in the bus on the way home = first autologous unit.

Delay the testers the 4-5minutes required to haemodilute with Hartmanns through a 14G cannula.

Ok, serious question. Under '8-10 weeks ago', you suggest altitude training and EPO microdosing while squirreling away 3 pints of blood. Wouldn't the retics shoot up and stick out like a sore thumb on the bio passport?

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Big Doopie said:
yes. excellent post.

after the prologue i will now not watch the the rest of the tour (unless the french authorities nab armstrong). in one 8k stretch The Fraud has again made following the sport absolutely ridiculous. it would be fascinating to know the monumental jump in wattage from his gila itt only a little while ago.

honestly, pro cycling is now officially worse than pro-wrestling.

ditto

officially started my mtb marathon, today, for the month of July. My road bike is missing its wheels and sitting quietly in the closet.

- just another bozo on the bus.

floyd keep it coming

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
i dont like la hes an arrogant *** and a liar/sociopath. that said what i feel is more sad is bitter losers who probably failed heavily at bike racing and other things in life who now justify superior ability as doping to on some level make themselves feel better about there physical and mental inadequacies and other short comings. needless to say the majority of various favorites are equally doped and this trend will likely continue as it does in all sports. they are all athletes and dope dont turn pedals for you or get you over mountains without effort. if you feel that is not the case then some of you weak minded slobs should take some peds and go ahead and win a race but it dont work that way plus your genetically and mentally weak as you on some level know. doping takes nothing away from the efforts on the bike that these athletes produce. seriously some of you really need to find another sport or maybe consider suicide its just sad and pathetic the vicarious joy that some get from following cycling clearly based in the negative why?. being a passive aggressive internet warrior is a sad way to live life.

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestones said:
Ok, serious question. Under '8-10 weeks ago', you suggest altitude training and EPO microdosing while squirreling away 3 pints of blood. Wouldn't the retics shoot up and stick out like a sore thumb on the bio passport?

If WADA got hold of you during those few weeks at altitude there might be some difficulty explaining a lower haematocrit than the grand tour normal. Your retic count would be high but not too high, as 1. microdosing regimen with folate, B12 and Fe2+ supplementation would return your values to normal expediently and 2. the medical support is at altitude and can haemodilute you to lower the retic count prior to a test.

It's a high end system, the medical support will test the riders independently of WADA and ALFD to ensure no positives. Remember the effects of altitude training are open for debate, how do you prove doping when riders can explain big changes in haematocrit with dehydration or gastric illness?

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestones said:

Does anyone really think the UCI would ever open a Biopassport case against Armstrong?

At last years tour he increased his Hct by 10% while his retics dropped.....in the 3rd week of the Tour. All of this happen while UCI testers willingly waited, having coffee with the staff, instead of doing morning blood tests.

Race Radio said:
Does anyone really think the UCI would ever open a Biopassport case against Armstrong?

At last years tour he increased his Hct by 10% while his retics dropped.....in the 3rd week of the Tour. All of this happen while UCI testers willingly waited, having coffee with the staff, instead of doing morning blood tests.

I don't know if you guys believe me or not, but since appearing at the Landis hearing, and being revealed to have established the world's first commercially-successful internet-based blood-doping facilitation venture, I have a significant amt. of interaction with both anti-doping authorities and criminal investigators.

So...after LA returned from retirement, I was speaking with a member of the biopassport committee, who at the time was considering quitting. He and his colleagues were reviewing profiles and he had found one that he believed to be clearly worthy of official scrutiny and merited opening a case against the rider who provided the samples. However, the UCI informed him (and his colleagues) that the sample in question belonged to someone who would not be investigated.

The scientist in question was convinced to not quit the biopassport program in protest, but he since began speaking more openly and honestly about his suspicions of past and present doping of the rider in question.

joe_papp said:
I don't know if you guys believe me or not, but since appearing at the Landis hearing, and being revealed to have established the world's first commercially-successful internet-based blood-doping facilitation venture, I have a significant amt. of interaction with both anti-doping authorities and criminal investigators.

So...after LA returned from retirement, I was speaking with a member of the biopassport committee, who at the time was considering quitting. He and his colleagues were reviewing profiles and he had found one that he believed to be clearly worthy of official scrutiny and merited opening a case against the rider who provided the samples. However, the UCI informed him (and his colleagues) that the sample in question belonged to someone who would not be investigated.

The scientist in question was convinced to not quit the biopassport program in protest, but he since began speaking more openly and honestly about his suspicions of past and present doping of the rider in question.

Why has this scientist NOT spokeN publicly about the UCI's actions?

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
The doping regimen I have described will prevent a positive test during this tour.

I don't think a positive test will ever take Lance down. I think Contador could be in trouble this year as the access to the high end support is no longer as current.

Joe raises an interesting point of view. Perhaps the UCI will not let LA test positive?

The idea of a federal fraud investigation might have the Shack team scared but if it is to bear fruit it will take some time and certainly isn't going to be this July.

My bet for the tour top 3 barring crashes: 1. Armstrong 2. + 3. The brothers Grim!

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
Agree on Contador.

Also think a positive by him (the present/future of the sport, the official UCI story line about looking to the future/improvements) would be more damaging to the sport than one by Lance (the past, which no one is surprised about any more).

"Protecting" him might be more important than Lance.

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
mitochondrion said:
The doping regimen I have described will prevent a positive test during this tour.

I don't think a positive test will ever take Lance down. I think Contador could be in trouble this year as the access to the high end support is no longer as current.

Joe raises an interesting point of view. Perhaps the UCI will not let LA test positive?

The idea of a federal fraud investigation might have the Shack team scared but if it is to bear fruit it will take some time and certainly isn't going to be this July.

My bet for the tour top 3 barring crashes: 1. Armstrong 2. + 3. The brothers Grim!

Are you Michele Ferrari?

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
joe_papp said:

What are you trying to say here? You add "So... after LA returned from retirement" - what is the purpose of that statement? The UCI informed him the rider would not be investigated because the other members found the passport not to indicate doping or something else? Who are "his colleagues" and why do you ensure you mention them multiple times?

So the scientist knows who this rider is since he is commenting on his suspicions of past and presnt doping? Why do you keep this scientist annonymous? I am not trolling, just trying to understand the point of this post.

joe_papp said:

The depressing thing is, I have no trouble whatsoever believing it.

I'm almost as fed up with the pro side as when I quit watching it last time.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I do hope Mr. Novitzsky seeks you for a chat sometime soon, Joe.

Without giving too much away, what are you doing lately with all this inside knowledge? Putting it to good use I hope.

mitochondrion said:

what do you mean by "clean"? no manipulation of red blood for 2 months prior to the tour and all the way through the first mountain stages? nothing more than insulin and thyroid hormone? that seems hard to believe as some hard racing is taking place, surely EPO microdosing is implied?

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
lean said:
what do you mean by "clean"? no manipulation of red blood for 2 months prior to the tour and all the way through the first mountain stages? nothing more than insulin and thyroid hormone? that seems hard to believe as some hard racing is taking place, surely EPO microdosing is implied?

By all means some microdosing may occur but only if required, each program is tailored individually and reactive to daily testing outside of WADA etc. The recovery benefits of anabolics continue for weeks and months, possibly years post dosing and so are not used in detectable doses at this time.

I think the program I have described would give you the most acceptable looking blood profile over the summer months and make you unlikely to test positive.

As an aside, I think some work has also gone into maintaining right ventricular performance at altitude on the big days (through ventricular interdependence, improving LV performance and cardiac output/oxygen delivery with the manipulation of RV afterload). i.e. look for some flushed faces!!

mitochondrion said:
As an aside, I think some work has also gone into maintaining right ventricular performance at altitude on the big days (through ventricular interdependence, improving LV performance and cardiac output/oxygen delivery with the manipulation of RV afterload). i.e. look for some flushed faces!!

sildenafil?

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Coca-Cola said:

The biopassport has had a curious beginning. Even within the limitations of this particular iteration of a biopassport the impact has been less than stellar. Ashendon had been a big fan yet LA's profile has been serioulsy questioned. Given the farce of the UCI's anti-doping at last years TdF and the pointedly obvious reluctance to persue high profile riders the organisation has to be on its last legs.

Perhaps that is why Ashenden is hanging around?

TRENDING THREADS