• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Garmin Edge 705 & Powertap

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone help with this problem.

After months of working together perfectly, my 705 has stopped displaying power from my power tap . I see that other 705 owners have had this problem but I can't see the solution.

The 705 detects the powermeter but displays either 0w or very occasionally intermittent and very low watts.

I have tried a hard reset.

I don't have the PT CPU.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Well, I was once told that 99% of problems with electric devices are due to the power supply, and I have found this to be true generally. So is it plugged in? :D How about the battery then? in the PT I mean. Can you re scan for the power tap? turn the ant on and then off again. That's all I can think of, maybe email both garmin and PT

hope you find the problem I know how much of a pain it can be.

Apr 3, 2009
Visit site
Check the battery on the power tap as suggested. I have the edge 705 but do not have the PT. I do have the ANT sensor for hr and cadence and discovered much to my chagrin that if either the speed sensor (when indoors) or the cadence sensor was close to it, the ANT would run and drain the battery. The edge would still recognize that the ANT was there, but ti would read speed (indoors) or cadence. Perhaps something similiar is happening with your PT.

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
ever get that powertap to work?

Hey tognini2005,

having the exact same problem as you and none of the suggestions in this thread work - did you ever get yours working?

TRENDING THREADS