• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Garmin Slipstream

Mar 16, 2009
Visit site
OK Bigboat I'll play.
Garmin=ex-dopers, cake and eat it too, should bring down the sport to clean it up...did I cover all your points? Do you want to talk about bike racing or your holier than thou ethics?

If we are talking about bike racing...Garmin, what to like: focus on strong TT puts them in places they otherwise could not be. Smart strategy IMO. Always seem to have someone in a break, again, good strategy for an up and coming team. I see them as the little engine that could, if they do well everyone will cheer them, if they fail, well there's always the TRULY EVIL to blame for that.

If this is just another let's bash the sport thread, may I kindly suggest a new sport i read of today for you to follow - doubtful they are doping:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNG3sgk02Lc

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
Big Boat I think you're an ***, that likes to enrage other posters, but I agree with you on tor logic on Garmin. Why are they above suspicion their GC rider is CVV he was just an ok domestique at postal and then went to Liberty Seguros and then CSC and then became a super domestique so he went from 12th in Tour of Georgia and then went 24 in the tour and now 5th in the tour, and that's not suspicious. Big Boat I still think you're an ***

I think people need to get something straight: anyone who wants to has every right to bring up doping as much as they want on a cycling forum because pro cycling is infected with it. That's just how it is. Maybe BigBoat does rub it in people's faces but it's a reality. So getting upset because it's mentioned is a waste of your energy, just don't post about it if you don't want to play.

All I have to say about Garmin/Slipstream is that I scoured their website in search of their so-called dedication to openness, and I don't see any kind of testing results disclosure, power file disclosure, or even any kind of description whatsoever of their "rigid team commitment" to anti-doping. If they were serious about this and not just giving lip-service that info should be on the website and their sponsors should be proud to have it there.

BikeCentric said:
I think people need to get something straight: anyone who wants to has every right to bring up doping as much as they want on a cycling forum because pro cycling is infected with it. That's just how it is. Maybe BigBoat does rub it in people's faces but it's a reality. So getting upset because it's mentioned is a waste of your energy, just don't post about it if you don't want to play.

That is a recipe for destruction of the forum. There is a big difference between discussing doping in threads where it is being discussed and hijacking every thread with what looks to be showing off knowledge of doping products, which often have nothing to do with the thread. If you want to discuss a doping subject then start a thread about what you want to discusss instead of injecting it an existing one.

BroDeal said:
That is a recipe for destruction of the forum. There is a big difference between discussing doping in threads where it is being discussed and hijacking every thread with what looks to be showing off knowledge of doping products, which often have nothing to do with the thread. If you want to discuss a doping subject then start a thread about what you want to discusss instead of injecting it an existing one.

Fair enough.

BroDeal said:
That is a recipe for destruction of the forum. There is a big difference between discussing doping in threads where it is being discussed and hijacking every thread with what looks to be showing off knowledge of doping products, which often have nothing to do with the thread.

+1

And if possible, please don't re-post the same information that's been discussed to death. Use the search feature first if possible to see if your topic has already come up. We don't need ten more "Did Lance Dope?" threads.

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
Heres an idea

Instead of posting replies to these continuous posts regurgitating the same trash, why not just ignore them,

That way they will slowly disappear off the list.

Fair enough if something new comes to light, then it should be open for discussion, but some people just seem to enjoy their 15 minutes of fame.

PS I reckon that cup stacker must have been on something - :rolleyes:

PPS - please don't add to this post and others like it..

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
pistols at dawn!

jeasus lads take it easy. alternate opinions are what makes forums interesting. personal attacks are a sign of someone who cannot articulate their own voice.

Garmin a great mix of experience and shadows, but they are the best of what we have got.

Dan martin and cameron meyer will be grand tour winners .
NO team is transparent enough about testing. they should be posted in the net weekly.

http://www.bikepure.org
protecting the future of cycle sport