• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

GC shake up

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Looks like the GC is now down to 8 riders (Evans, Schleck, Contador, Van Den Broeck, Menchov, Kreizeuger, Leipheimer and Sanchez) ive left out Gesink and Basso as i believe they will try to assist their respective teamates. What do you guys see happening from here on in?

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
robow7 said:
You're being very generous, I think it's down to much less than eight.

Depends on whether we're talking about the win or the podium. For the win I'd say Contador or Schleck or possibly Evans though I don't think it's likely. That incidentally is 2 more candidates than I had before the race started. ;)

May 30, 2010
Visit site
basso

dont forget basso.....he raped evans in the giro...reckon he is biding his time and strike in perynees

kreuzinger will be supporting him

enrecul said:
dont forget basso.....he raped evans in the giro...reckon he is biding his time and strike in perynees

kreuzinger will be supporting him
I think the Giro contest btwn Evans/Basso would have been pretty much even IF the big climbs were not so steep.
IF they were more like the climbs at this years tour.

May 30, 2010
Visit site
True

True enough. Cadel is excellent no doubt. When it gets really steep his 'integrity' kicks in I think and he struggles. Basso will b strong in perynees he is there and for me is the dark horse. V impressed w schleck today.

TRENDING THREADS