• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Geelong: Women's World individual Time Trial Championsips

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Skip Madness said:
She's in the full squad of eight, of whom seven will ride, so it's a provisional maybe. Her form is totally unknown, isn't it? Anyone have an indication as to her condition? I'd think that Colclough, Pooley, Martin, Armitstead and Laws are all certainties, which leaves two out of Cooke, Williamson and Emma Trott. I'd imagine Cooke will get the nod since her pedigree speaks for itself, but those three should be assessed on their current form, none of which I know about.

I know it's a while back, but 2nd in Fleche Wallone, wasn't too bad a result..

La Fleche Wallonne Feminine 2010: Huy-Huy 109km
1. Emma Pooley (GB) Cervelo in 3-01-27
2. Nicole Cooke (GB) Great Britain at 8secs
3. Emma Johansson (Swe) Redsun Cycling Team at 8secs
4. Grace Verbeke (Bel) Lotto at 12secs
5. Evelyn Stevens (USA) HTC-Columbia at 17secs
6. Marianne Vos (Ned) Nederland Bloeit at 22secs
7. Tatiana Gunderzo (Ita) Team Valdarno at 22secs
8. Elena Berlato (Ita) Top Girls Fassa Bortolo at 27secs
9. Judith Arndt (Ger) HTC-Columbia at 40secs
10. Eleonora Patuzzo (Ita) Safi Pasta Zara at 42secs

womens-podium-fleche-2010.jpg

I would say Nicole will certainly be behind Pooley and Armitstead in the pecking order - though she will be one hell of a domestique if she is prepared to work for others..