• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

General News Thread

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Did anyone see the scrap between cyclists at the end of the stage today [6]? I was watching live online on versus and on TV. It was only on the TV. What was the scrap about?

May 6, 2009
Visit site
ingsve said:
Are you sure it's not just his accent that you are having trouble with?

Yeah the Manx accent is horrible, but regardless, but I've still met fromt he aforementioned countries and their command of the English language is better then some people who speak it as their first (and only) language.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Amael Moinard is going to BMC next year according to CN. Also Greg van Avermaet is wanting to go to BMC next year also.

BMC are in a building process. With the possible losses of Saxo and Caisse (and who knows about RSH), there are going to be lots of guys looking for a team. It will be a buyer's market. I'd imagine Cadel will get to have lots of input into GT domestiques.

Wondering what will happen with Cancellara, who has been rumored to be wanted by BMC. He and Cadel on the same team doesn't seem like the best match.

Beech Mtn said:
BMC are in a building process. With the possible losses of Saxo and Caisse (and who knows about RSH), there are going to be lots of guys looking for a team. It will be a buyer's market. I'd imagine Cadel will get to have lots of input into GT domestiques.

Wondering what will happen with Cancellara, who has been rumored to be wanted by BMC. He and Cadel on the same team doesn't seem like the best match.

Agree Beech Mtn Cancellara seems like he wont fit in very well considering Cadel is the Teams leader.....But happy Moinard joined the sqaud..

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Beech Mtn said:

With the cobbles team BMC has, I don't think cancellara will go there as there may be too many cheifs.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Teams for the Tour of Poland:

Teams from the UCI Pro Tour
AG2R-La Mondiale, Astana, Caisse d’Epargne, Euskaltel-Euskadi, Footon-Servetto, Française des Jeux, Garmin-Transitions, Lampre-Farnese Vini, Liquigas-Doimo, OmegaPharma-Lotto, Quick Step, Rabobank, Sky Professional Cycling Team, Team HTC-Columbia, Team Katusha, Team Milram, Team RadioShack, Team Saxo Bank.

Teams awarded a wildcard invitation

Reprezentacja Polski (Polish Representation), Vacansoleil Pro Cycling Team, Cervélo Test Team, BMC Racing Team, Skil-Shimano.

auscyclefan94 said:
With the cobbles team BMC has, I don't think cancellara will go there as there may be too many cheifs.

That would be the cobbles team that did so well this year?

Remind me, other than Evans' Fleche Wallone, which spring classics/semi-classics did they top-three in this year?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Roland Rat said:
That would be the cobbles team that did so well this year?

Remind me, other than Evans' Fleche Wallone, which spring classics did they top-three in this year?

Yes they did not do well this year but Ballan was out for the cobbles and if you look at the palmares of the team. They are a formidable lineup.

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
I postexd this in the Saxo thread, but i think it bears mention here as well, Saxo is holding a press conference at 14.00 andBerlingske claims to have confirmation from several sources that it's to announce that Sungard is the new main sponsor:

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Riis announces at the press conference that he's got a 2 year sponsorship.
ETA: The sponsorship allow the team to continue "at the current level". He says that he cannot tell who the new sponsor is as of yet. :confused:

ETA2: Sungard is the new name sponsor but there is an additional new name-sponsor that he can't name yet. So we have team Sungard-???.

ETA3: Press conference is done, link here.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
El Imbatido said:
Cadel's new yellow 'BMC Impec'

http://twitpic.com/24merb

I actually like it. very nice.....but i've always liked BMC bikes

i think it's a bit presumptious of teams to start the yellow decorations, but that's me.....last stage yep, but for me it is kind of a guaranteed way of losing the jersey....great look and great for sponsors and bike manufacturers to attract publicity which is probably the main reason...

A

Anonymous

Woman in idiot question shocker.
25piknq.jpg

She ummed and aahh'd. She considered boardman as she had heard of him, but eventually decided on Miguel as "he sounds french but then, lots of people take part in it, not just french people"

Interestingly she never even considered armstrong.

Dale winton was even better. "they have all run the race, but shall we see who has run in it and won it five times"

Dale Winton in idiot shocker

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Barrus said:
LLS to Radioshack? That's something I did not expect

That would be a random transfer. Would make sense though, Leipheimer can try and win the Tour of California, and Lulu's season will be based solely on the Tour Down Under.

TRENDING THREADS