• We hope all of you have a great holiday season and an incredible New Year. Thanks so much for being part of the Cycling News community!

Teams & Riders General topic for riders who don't deserve their own thread (yet)

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
His contract is for 3 years, isn't it? So they don't expect results during his contract and can then move on to another team?
I guess expectations could be revised should they see that he is progressing better than expected, throughout the next two seasons. Or maybe that's just exactly how they intended it: At this moment there are no expectations regarding where he needs to be in 3 years, and maybe they'll see how it goes next season before setting goals.

Furthermore, i assume they intend to do a better job than DSM in convincing prospects to extend their contract ;-)

Furthermore, i assume they intend to do a better job than DSM in convincing prospects to extend their contract ;-)
I don't know how they do it, but UAE and Ineos are pretty good in convincing developed prospects to join their respective teams ;-)

Maybe there is a one-sided clause in the contract which Bora can apply for an extension for 1-2 years for a preset amount of money. The sponsors have signed until 2024 as well, so it makes sense not the have a longer contract.

What Cian & Bora mean is probably that they don't say he'll win a Grand Tour within those 3 years. They try to develop him and not putting to much pressure on him, which is a wise thing to do.

ASK THE COMMUNITY