• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Gent - Wevelgem: March 28th, 2021

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ineos look like they've been barely been able to scrape a team together. Only six riders listed so far - Wurf, Basso, Amador, Doull, Van Baarle and Golas. Don't think Pidcock was ever down to ride this?

Florian Vermeersch is my outside bet for a good result tomorrow. 13th last year and hopefully he'll be able to ride his own race after finishing as the highest placed Lotto rider at E3

That is a very weak squad even given that they are a GC oriented team. Sensible to rest Pidcock if they are intending him to ride the Ardennes as well.

Reactions: Sandisfan
That is a very weak squad even given that they are a GC oriented team. Sensible to rest Pidcock if they are intending him to ride the Ardennes as well.

There's a few they could have ridden with some of the races coming up. Kwia, Puccio, Ganna could have rode it. They're not in any races ATM and be good to get Ganna some races here for the classics as he's down to ride Paris Roubaix if that happens.

Ineos look like they've been barely been able to scrape a team together. Only six riders listed so far - Wurf, Basso, Amador, Doull, Van Baarle and Golas. Don't think Pidcock was ever down to ride this?

Florian Vermeersch is my outside bet for a good result tomorrow. 13th last year and hopefully he'll be able to ride his own race after finishing as the highest placed Lotto rider at E3

Who will win the battle of the Vermeersches?

Fair enough. Just saw he was still down for Dwars on PCS. I'd imagine Narvaez might have been in for it too but crashed at E3

I mean, bad luck can and does happen to everyone... but I'm asking myself how can it be that so many Ineos riders have seriously crashed (so that they had to leave the race at least) this season already? Kwiatkowski, Sosa, Narvaez, Porte, Hart, Rodriguez, Moscon, Dunbar, Martinez?

I'm trying to remember if Degenkolb, like Trentin, Lampaert and I think Sep, had a mechanical in E3?
I'm sure I saw him having a bike or wheel change at one point, but my memory is a bit sketchy as there was so much good action going on all race.

I mean, bad luck can and does happen to everyone... but I'm asking myself how can it be that so many Ineos riders have seriously crashed (so that they had to leave the race at least) this season already? Kwiatkowski, Sosa, Narvaez, Porte, Hart, Rodriguez, Moscon, Dunbar, Martinez?
What you should be asking is.... How come all those Ineos riders have crashed and yet G has remained upright ;)

• Haha

TRENDING THREADS