• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Geox on the flats

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Cobo 10th...

Yeah that Cobo is really awful at the flat. I see opportunities here. :eek:

Dude no one is talking about Cobo being awful and stuff, have you not seen how Froome sneaked in on the intermediate sprint to get 2 seconds?

Its very easy to get isolated and caught out in the frenzy of sprints especially if someone is pushing hard to get them. I doubt you would call Contador atrocious on the flats because he lost a minute on the first stage of the TdF.

And thats why this thread is about Geox, how well they can protect him in adverse situations, and not about Cobo as such.

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Guys, stop thinking that only the J-Rods and Gadrets can lose time on the flats.

Everyone can.

My question was - how good is Geox at preventing Sky from sneaking up at the sprint bonuses/avoiding splits due to the wind/crashes or whatever, not a Cobo vs Froome head to head flat ITT/sprint.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
It seemed to me that Geox did just about a perfect job protecting Cobo when Cancellara and Leopard decided to try their luck today. Cobo was just abount in the perfect position for the whole time and around him were his teammates.

sultanofhyd said:
Guys, stop thinking that only the J-Rods and Gadrets can lose time on the flats.

Everyone can.

My question was - how good is Geox at preventing Sky from sneaking up at the sprint bonuses/avoiding splits due to the wind/crashes or whatever, not a Cobo vs Froome head to head flat ITT/sprint.

Agreed, an important distinction

Scirea said:
It seemed to me that Geox did just about a perfect job protecting Cobo when Cancellara and Leopard decided to try their luck today. Cobo was just abount in the perfect position for the whole time and around him were his teammates.

Agreed again.

Here's what we learned today:
Nobody has given up on trying to change the GC
Geox can protect Cobo well enough
Froome can sneak attack
Sky can't read the road book :rolleyes:

What we can infer for the following stages:
Geox can defend and protect Cobo. Froome will try again. Leopard and probably Rabo will take their shots as well.

Most importantly, Froome and Cobo could very easily have had each other's results at the end. It is ignorant to say the race is decided. It is even negligent to say that Cobo, even as the strongest rider, is guaranteed his place in Milan (or Froome's, Wiggan's, ect.).

sultanofhyd said:
Dude no one is talking about Cobo being awful and stuff, have you not seen how Froome sneaked in on the intermediate sprint to get 2 seconds?

Its very easy to get isolated and caught out in the frenzy of sprints especially if someone is pushing hard to get them. I doubt you would call Contador atrocious on the flats because he lost a minute on the first stage of the TdF.

And thats why this thread is about Geox, how well they can protect him in adverse situations, and not about Cobo as such.
No I haven't, because Monfort go those 2 seconds

In the end Cobo won 2 seconds... :rolleyes:

You're full of fail

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
How to beat Cobo?

We all know what's the easiest way to split the peloton and gain some precious seconds - little tactical crash just outside of 3 km protected zone... with enough domestiques one can "cover" few stages.

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
More Strides than Rides said:
Agreed, an important distinction

Agreed again.

Here's what we learned today:
Nobody has given up on trying to change the GC
Geox can protect Cobo well enough
Froome can sneak attack
Sky can't read the road book :rolleyes:

What we can infer for the following stages:
Geox can defend and protect Cobo. Froome will try again. Leopard and probably Rabo will take their shots as well.

Most importantly, Froome and Cobo could very easily have had each other's results at the end. It is ignorant to say the race is decided. It is even negligent to say that Cobo, even as the strongest rider, is guaranteed his place in Milan (or Froome's, Wiggan's, ect.).

OMG! The Vuelta ends in Italy this year??....:p