• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Geraint Thomas

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/...ance-trophy-theft-investigation-stalls-409187
The investigation into to theft of Geraint Thomas’s Tour de France trophy has ground to a halt.

West Midlands Police confirmed to Cycling Weekly that while the case remains open all current leads have been pursued and without further information there is nothing left for them to look into.

The force declined to go into further detail on an on-going investigation.

I'd have a look in at a certain address in Monaco because someone else thinks they deserved it ("precious ... precious ... my precious!") :D

Re:

Robert5091 said:
https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/...ance-trophy-theft-investigation-stalls-409187
The investigation into to theft of Geraint Thomas’s Tour de France trophy has ground to a halt.

West Midlands Police confirmed to Cycling Weekly that while the case remains open all current leads have been pursued and without further information there is nothing left for them to look into.

The force declined to go into further detail on an on-going investigation.

I'd have a look in at a certain address in Monaco because someone else thinks they deserved it ("precious ... precious ... my precious!") :D

I'd look in the snake cage.........

It sounds like the team is trying hard to make him go to the Giro and He is 100% resisting it.

Some forum members and fans in tweeter are commenting why he didn't go to a different team and win the Tour. My opinion would be that he would not have won it in different team. That's why he accepted Sky.

"I just have to stick to the philosophy I've always had, which is just to do the best I can do," he continued.

Well, that's a refreshing change!

I actually think this year's tour could be quite interesting. I have a feeling Froome is not going to be so docile this year and if he smells blood on LPDBF he'll leave Thomas behind even if it's not team orders...

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
On the bright side, he does have the same weight now as in TDF 2018. So I think, coming from an altitude camp, he could be tired here, but be right on schedule fo TDF.
Yeah.

Kinda weird they're bringing him to Suisse though, when Dauphine was the winning formula last year and it's not like winning both Dauphine and Suisse is gonna be top priority for them.

Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
On the bright side, he does have the same weight now as in TDF 2018. So I think, coming from an altitude camp, he could be tired here, but be right on schedule fo TDF.
Yeah.

Kinda weird they're bringing him to Suisse though, when Dauphine was the winning formula last year and it's not like winning both Dauphine and Suisse is gonna be top priority for them.
Well Froomey got the Dauphine, didn’t he. Couldn’t send them both, could they?

Re:

Bolder said:
"I just have to stick to the philosophy I've always had, which is just to do the best I can do," he continued.

Well, that's a refreshing change!

I actually think this year's tour could be quite interesting. I have a feeling Froome is not going to be so docile this year and if he smells blood on LPDBF he'll leave Thomas behind even if it's not team orders...
Stick to the philosophy is a good idea.

Re: Re:

Robert5091 said:
IndianCyclist said:
Riding into shape might mean slaving for Bernal if significantly ahead. Just look at Landa at the giro

What happens at the TdF TTT if G has problems keeping up, could be interesting TV. :)
Hes one of the best time trialists in the world, and hes shown numerous times he can handle a bit of pain. I reckon he can hold on in a ttt.

TRENDING THREADS